• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
David Jones Haha

Recommend a good tools to sync atomic watch

I have a Casio GW-M5610 watch, but since i bought it, i never receive time signal successfully. I used to use an application called  "JJY simulator" to sync time. But it is not so convenient because I need to change home city code to JPY to sync time, and after finished, I need to change time location to my own in GA.

Few days ago, I found a convenient application called "Radio Wave Sync" in apple appStore, no need to change timeZone or home city code,  just put the watch into manual receive mode and turned the volume all the way up on my phone, put the phone speaker very close to the watch and hit “Start” in the app. 2-3 minutes later it was properly synced.

Highly recommend if you’re having reception issues with your radio-controlled watch.

• Thanks 1

That does look like it might be a useful app. I was disappointed that my Casio WV58 had lost connection to the server when daylight saving time ended and I had to reconnect it manually. Took a while to find a location with reception, but it did connect eventually.

29 minutes ago, ziggy1024 said:

So to be clear, you're saying that your app (don't be shy!) can turn the speaker on an iphone into a radio transmitter?

I thought what he was saying was the iPhone simulates an audible tone that simulates the radio signal, but now I think about, that does seem unlikely. Maybe what it does is to emit some noise to entertain you while the watch makes the radio connection that it would anyway. :)

I was also suspicious about that as a first post, but was feeling unusually generous.

Who is he trying to kid , not a chance that works at all , spinynorman explained it perfectly. Who’s going to be the first to download it and test it out?

1 hour ago, salvadali said:

Who’s going to be the first to download it and test it out?

Not me! But I decided that based on the OP