• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Laughing gravy

Richard Le Grande

No experience, but I like that watch and for the price, you can't really lose.

I see they started out on kickstarter and their website is terrible. No info about who they are, where the watches are made (so you can guess) and so on. And as for this watch, it's good it has the trusty NH35 inside, but what is the crystal all about and what's the bezel made of, yet alone the quality of the SS case?

I might have a punt myself! I think the black bezel really sets it off.

• Like 2

I agree with Caller above. That watch is rather tasty with that lovely pale blue dial and seems pretty reasonable in price. However, I also wonder what exactly that so-called "sapphire coated boxed mineral" crystal is...

• Like 1

One on eBay for a few quid off...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Richard-LeGrand-Atlanticus-Pastel-Blue-Price-Reduced/303292724721?hash=item469da7b5f1:g:gNcAAOSwFZddhkDN 

17 hours ago, Craftycockney said:

The black version is  bargain $138

VERY tempted... Even with $26 postage, that's only £130...

1f1672_82092721fd72489eb70328b0a42cef34~

And a decent review of one of their other offerings...

http://www.watchaddictchannel.com/written-watch-reviews/richard-legrand-odyssea-mk-ii-dive-watch-review-affordable-200m-dive-watch 

Well it arrived safely

Rlg

It all seems well put together and that blue dial is the real selling point, especially with the applied nipple markers.  The lume isn't anything special, and the compressor style divers bezel has some slack in it when being turned, and I don't see the point of having a screw down crown at 4 but not a screw down crown at 2 for the bezel, but this is an interesting watch at this price point and I'd happily recommend one

• Like 2