• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Nigelp

Seiko 7005 8040, 1970

New in, stunning condition with original bracelet its a 1970 April of that year, seikosha factory cushion case. With a lovely 70s blue dial. All mint, quiet taken aback by the condition.

Its among a series of similar cushion shaped seikos which the new wave of collectors ie the young trendy ones are referring to as the batman, due to a similarity in outline to the bat symbol used by marvel in the 60s. Its a 37mm and just time warp minty. Ill get pics up shortly. Nig.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

No photo description available.

• Like 7

pictures added i like the funky 70s ladder bracelet and the dial is a proper miserable 1970s blue like a squadron blue jag xj series 2....

Image result for jaguar xj series 2 squadron blue

• Like 1

i probably should have put seiko batman in the title like the trendies do...never mind i did it an injustice calling it a miserable blue, its more a 1970s moody blue...

the case top would have had a sunburst brushing when this was new so ive raided the drawer of my mums nail files and cut one down and im just redoing it following the very faint lines from 1970 and the smooth side of the file, i once asked an old girl friend which side she preferred and she said it was the smooth side, so im applying that preference to the watch also....

the sides will lightly cape cod, the bracelet will rebrush and the crystal will poly watch here have a bit of muzac to be going on with....

@yokel the smooth side does not involve any reference to debbie :rolleyes:

• Like 1

its looking more how it would have in 1970 now, its been easy to do as i could still see the remnants of the brush.

all done, case re brushed and polished, the odd tiny dink removed, crystal done with poly, bracelet re brushed. Look how the dimensional shape has been revealed by the brushing, rather than the smooth egg like in the polished look.

before

Image may contain: one or more people

after 

Image may contain: one or more people

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Looks great, Nigel...well done! :thumbsup:

thanks rog, i watched some of your re brushing ages back and it got me interested in having a go :thumbsup:

the seiko ss is really good to work with. 

• Like 1

That does look great , Nigel . Congrats on another cracking acquisition .:thumbsup:

Edited by Tazmo61
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tazmo61 said:

That does look great , Nigel . Congrats on another cracking acquisition .:thumbsup:

thanks mate. 

That is a very lovely watch! Well done on another great purchase. You are on a roll!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Boots said:

That is a very lovely watch! Well done on another great purchase. You are on a roll!

yes thanks, ive had some luck lately for sure it only cost 30 quid. And before anyone asks no im not selling this one at a loss, im not even selling it for 30 quid. :biggrin:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

it only cost 30 quid

That is a fantastic price. Well done!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Boots said:

That is a fantastic price. Well done!

I was amazed the old chap just wanted me to have it for some reason, he didn't want anything for it, why me who knows?

I have thought of the monkey's paw...i dont think i would dare pass it on for fear of what may happen to the next owner, it seems happy with me, he said it would be. :yes:

• Like 1

Wow, Nigel @Nigelp, I just can't keep up. The work you are putting in is so worthwhile on these lovely Seikos; thanks for showing us the watches and the progress as you work on them. :biggrin:

• Thanks 1

On 09/11/2019 at 17:03, Always"watching" said:

Wow, Nigel @Nigelp, I just can't keep up. The work you are putting in is so worthwhile on these lovely Seikos; thanks for showing us the watches and the progress as you work on them. :biggrin:

Thanks Honour :thumbsup:

On 09/11/2019 at 17:54, PC-Magician said:

Like those very well done.

thanks John, can you have a look at my week dater in the other thread and let me know whether you think it should have a bracelet rather than leather, can you tell from the pics if it should be straight or curved end links? Im thinking it should have a ladder type bracelet like this one? 

with the same end links as the case looks fairly straight but slightly curved. 

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nigelp said:

Thanks Honour :thumbsup:

thanks John, can you have a look at my week dater in the other thread and let me know whether you think it should have a bracelet rather than leather, can you tell from the pics if it should be straight or curved end links? Im thinking it should have a ladder type bracelet like this one? 

with the same end links as the case looks fairly straight but slightly curved. 

:thumbsup:

I would say a bracelet similar to this.

IMGP0040.jpg