• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

The great Davey P "Name my Porsche" competition...

Davey P

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

Ha ha, that makes more sense!  Either way, you're at the top of the leader board mate :laughing2dw:

So, let me get this straight. Having rejected Harry, Cliff and many superior suggestions from the team here, you are planning to call your Porsche 'Rodney'. After whoever is irrelevant, that's what it amounts to.

Are you sure this is the car for you? Maybe cut your losses and trade it in for a nice Toyota Yaris. They love being called Rodney. :laugh:

15 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

So, let me get this straight. Having rejected Harry, Cliff and many superior suggestions from the team here, you are planning to call your Porsche 'Rodney'.

No, it will be called "Lex", but Rodney is at the top of leader board from all the other entries on here, which goes to show how rubbish the rest were :laughing2dw:

Just now, Davey P said:

You're welcome mate :tongue:

thanks mate i just found it, after getting legged up on my way down the corridor health and safety my bottom. 

Dave, get the seals checked on the hard top or in the weather we are getting you will be calling it the 'fastest bath tub' in town.

Im sure ive met this bloke...its not @BondandBigM the buddist is it? 

49068648146_ba597a9796_b.jpg

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

thanks mate i just found it, after getting legged up on my way down the corridor health and safety my bottom. 

Dave, get the seals checked on the hard top or in the weather we are getting you will be calling it the 'fastest bath tub' in town.

Im sure ive met this bloke...its not @BondandBigM the buddist is it? 

49068648146_ba597a9796_b.jpg

Could be worse, the weekend before last I was in a Meal Deal fridge in a service station on the A1

:biggrin:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Could be worse, the weekend before last I was in a Meal Deal fridge in a service station on the A1

:biggrin:

9 minutes ago, wrenny1969 said:

Helmut - you can call the wife and tell her you've been polishing your helmut and she can see her face in it - then show her the car.

the 'Blue rinser'?

"relating to conservative elderly women."

26 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

the 'Blue rinser'?

"relating to conservative elderly women."

It's pointless, he's already decided to call it Lex. As in those up market Toyotas, or possibly Luthor.

Apparently the prize has been upgraded, but it's still for coming second. Like a third place play-off in the world cup. Who wants to win that.

Edited by spinynorman

34 minutes ago, Mrs Wiggles said:

I think the Boxter is quite ugly, so I am going to call it Bernadette, that incidentally happens to be my wife's name 

Oooh, hang on a minute, we might be onto something here... Bernadette... Bernie.... Burn-ee... No, forget that, it's still crap, and not working for me, sorry mate :tumbleweed:

Right then, I'm outta here, and heading for Vienna airport.  You guys have got the rest of today to come up with something better than "Rodney" (I've given up hoping for a better one than "Lex", so that will be the proper name for it).  I'll make a decision over the weekend, and sort out posting the prize on Monday.

Am I the only person on here who will be glad when this is all over........? :laughing2dw:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 15/11/2019 at 13:04, Davey P said:

Oooh, hang on a minute, we might be onto something here... Bernadette... Bernie.... Burn-ee... No, forget that, it's still crap, and not working for me, sorry mate :tumbleweed:

Right then, I'm outta here, and heading for Vienna airport.  You guys have got the rest of today to come up with something better than "Rodney" (I've given up hoping for a better one than "Lex", so that will be the proper name for it).  I'll make a decision over the weekend, and sort out posting the prize on Monday.

Am I the only person on here who will be glad when this is all over........? :laughing2dw:

My 1954 Austin A30 is called Josephine, it that's any help

p548yb3.jpg

Edited by Mrs Wiggles

Well it's the time you've all been waiting for, the judges have made a decision, and the winner is..................... The Ice Man @Iceblue with "Rodney" :yahoo: (The real name of the car will still be "Lex" though...)

Thank God that's over, and we can all get back to normal again :laughing2dw:

I've already got your address mate, so I'll post your well deserved prize on Monday.

:rltrlt:

• Like 2