• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

1 hour ago, Speedy112 said:

Tristano Veneto......Quality polished Content that covers all aspects at every price point ..but gets a lot of jealous hate from his competitors and their trolls

Teddy Baldassarre…..slick production comes across as genuine and knowledgeable 

Paul Pluta (aka Archie)..unstable Bi polar foul mothed tirade day in day out..utter madhouse that has become just a begstream

John Pietrasz…. I'm still working on that one offers very little content just opinion on current trends mainly a Delray watch company advert but a likeable individual

Tim Holzhäuser…...enjoy his content but not sure why

Bear Clooney....Don't get Bear Clooney at all..do the others just feel sorry for him

Federico Iossa....experienced knowledgeable comes across well and believe well respected..

Christian Zeron…...loves Vintage promotes just about anything he is trying to sell....Too much hand waiving... but Anna is Hot

Bill Sanders....Love Bill with his rambling style and genuine love of horology mainly movements

WatchFinder … Tim Mosso/ Watchbox and WatchAdvisor… all very watchable with informed quality content...

There is a lot of absolute Rubbish on YouTube mainly those just sitting in front of a camera with Zero knowledge about any brand mostly Rolex fanboy live streams just answering Stupid questions from dreamers who only want what they cannot have and couldn't afford,  offering Zero content..like Just Horology  a grand Channel name  I stumbled across last night and just about as poor as it gets. A Poundshop Webcam production just moaning about he cant get the current hot Rolex watches without paying a huge premium clearly knows less than Nothing about Horology despite the channel name and offers nothing except answering dumb ass questions.

There must be more quality content out there but I have yet to find it

Thank you Sir. You confirm many of my opinions, but obviously I will have to spend more time with Teddy Baldassarre.

I like Tim Holzhäuser because, whilst not claiming detailed horological knowledge, he obviously loves his watches. He is also unafraid to share the learning from all of his many mistakes. (And he plays pretty mean guitar on some videos).

Agree about Anna :yes:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry, but the best by far is Gethin Christian. It's unusual for anyone to bring humour into the watch world, and this guy is brilliant  

WATCH CHRONICLER... is a Channel very much worth watching it used to be called Armand the Watch Guy and his depth of Knowledge is IMO pretty much unrivalled in YouTube circles..

Nigel, you know I love you to bits, but do please try to keep up. Urban Gentry is presented by Tristano Veneto  --  my first named above  --  so, yes, I've watched 

The funny thing is Archie is one of the most clued up amongst all of them. 

Yes he has degenerated into begging and all that but his early videos showed knowledge and he is an anal retentive when it comes to model numbers. 

His comments on watch reviews are normally correct too. 

I like Bill Sanders too but he is just a very enthusiastic amateur so for instance he has no experience of selling watches and this leads to particular outlooks. 

Paul Thorpe seems clued up.  I don't care so much for Rolex but given the majority of people do, who can blame him for making the related content? 

Watchfinder just produces adverts, but I still like to watch them and they can include some good information. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Daveyboyz said:

I like Bill Sanders too but he . . . .  has no experience of selling watches and this leads to particular outlooks. 

On the plus side, (like Holzhäser) he isn't trying to promote anything he has for sale  --  which makes his views sound more impartial.

Also, some of us have very little interest in selling (flipping), so that (missing) part of his CV is less important.

1 hour ago, Daveyboyz said:

Paul Thorpe seems clued up.  I don't care so much for Rolex but given the majority of people do, who can blame him for making the related content? 

I also care not very at all for Rolex  --  but accept that we are in the minority.

Luckily, YouTube normally allows us to skip those bits of videos.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, yokel said:

On the plus side, (like Holzhäser) he isn't trying to promote anything he has for sale  --  which makes his views sound more impartial.

Also, some of us have very little interest in selling (flipping), so that (missing) part of his CV is less important.

I too don't have much interest in flipping watches but the experience of selling does lead to a knowledge about the strength of different brands and will drastically change the appraisal of different models.    Sanders will actively promote some bad choices (from some points of view) based on his lack of experience in such matters.   He looks on the hobby in a refreshingly unique way, which is both his strength and his weakness.   He is a researcher by nature and so he does put some interesting content out but in some ways he seems rather naive at the same time.  

I have argued this point before on this forum, how my experiences in pawnbrokers, and in retail giving people the bad news that their watch has no value has shaped my interpretation of the hobby.    I am not the kind that will buy a box of Rolex purely for value retention but neither would I recommend someone purchases a watch where they are likely to get completely wiped out if they ever resell it.    Whether it is important to you or not it is another factor to be aware of.       

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/11/2019 at 21:37, JonnyOldBoy said:

What I like about TV.... He has a genuine passion for the Aesthetics and value against quality for the novice and/or owner/wearer of only a few watches. He makes very broad comparisons and is tremendously helpful in levelling ones interests whilst in a "choosing" phase of buying from the mainstream producers. He has his place and I salute him for his input ..... whilst not always being a fan of the surrounding nonsense of his presentations. As for the shouty t**t , he adds nothing and is nothing. :-)

I love the passion of this guy

1 hour ago, ziggy1024 said:

A couple of new names there for me to have a look at - thank you all! The only one I regularly look at is TGV: entertaining despite his faults.

On a related note, anyone got any horological podcasts to recommend?

WatchBox Studios

Hodinkee

Scottish Watches

Two Broke Watch Snobs

Bark & Jack...better than his YouTube Channel IMO.. where he acts like he cant be arsed most of the time and never finishes a Sentence...

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...
On 17/11/2019 at 08:35, Speedy112 said:

Tristano Veneto......Quality polished Content that covers all aspects at every price point ..but gets a lot of jealous hate from his competitors and their trolls

Tim Holzhäuser…...enjoy his content but not sure why

I think that Tim Holzhäuser's skills as a professional journalist are on show:  he's well structured, presents interesting things in an interesting way, and only puts carefully calculated measures of his genuine personality into the show.  Also, his own intelligence comes into the show without his appearing to use it as a weapon.  Also, he plays guitar beautifully, dresses very well for the screen, and is very videogenic.  

TGV has a bit of the professional Englishman in his presentation - he says that things wouldn't be 'gentlemanly' in a way that probably appeals to Americans - but the cheeky chappie presentation (I won't say 'act' because for all I know he is a genuine cheeky chappie) can be a bit wearying.  He also injects rather a lot of this persona into the show, and not necessarily in a good way, which might be why people feel like trolling him.  (And didn't he quit vlogging for about six weeks and then start again?)  

I'm liking Jory Goodman (The Time Teller) just now:  he comes on a bit strong, but his content seems to be equally strong.