• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Cassie-O

Thursday 14th November - WRUW

Can't believe it, the year goes so fast, time for the underwater egg-boiling championships again, and an outing for my 200m WR chrono from Squale ...

IMG_20191114_080308304(1).thumb.jpg.94268aa682ae22b5c72ff229cfeb627c.jpg

HAGD

• Like 8

Morning,

Pulled this one from the hat today  -  a 37mm Lindor from the 1940s with a seldom-seen 15j Juillard (Bulla) 46 which keeps plugging away despite its somewhat exotic tarnishing.

Originally thought to have been French, but discovering the “Swiss Made” tucked under the bezel put paid to that notion and the hunt continues.

Regards.

Lindor 2018 v.2.jpg

Lindor Bulla 46 2019 v.2.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1975 Seiko KQ, having got this and the QZ lead me to investigate a bit and this would have been the first year of KQ production before ending in 1981. Not sure what replaced them?

No photo description available.

@Jet Jetski:biggrin:

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, Balaton1109 said:

Morning,

Pulled this one from the hat today  -  a 37mm Lindor from the 1940s with a seldom-seen 15j Juillard (Bulla) 46 which keeps plugging away despite its somewhat exotic tarnishing.

Originally thought to have been French, but discovering the “Swiss Made” tucked under the bezel put paid to that notion and the hunt continues.

Regards.

Lindor 2018 v.2.jpg

To my amateur eyes. that movement looks a lot like an FHF movement - 70 or that whole family, some of which (according to Dr. Ranfft) were available with 15 jewels

Shown here as Waltham

Waltham_1155.jpg

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, wr!ghty200 said:

P2Xny3F.jpg

NukGbA1.jpg

Fashion beater today. I know it won’t get much love as it’s a fashion watch, but he has been a good servant thus far.

is that mini on the Cayley? :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Boots said:

To my amateur eyes. that movement looks a lot like an FHF movement - 70 or that whole family, some of which (according to Dr. Ranfft) were available with 15 jewels

Shown here as Waltham

Waltham_1155.jpg

i think it is too, same as i had in my UNO i think? or similar 

67424061_117177726267155_7220996818182602752_n.thumb.jpg.cc9f41f99b300cdf854d75d5a28c3682.jpg

mmmm that looks different now wasnt there an fhf 64 too? 

Edited by Nigelp
i cant spell in welsh
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Davey P said:

Another day in Paradise (well, Austria anyway) so another day for the mighty Bulova Precisionist:

20191017_073151

:yahoo:

Engineering drawing Dave? I can remember doing that at school in the late 1980's, part of Technical Drawing, no computers then though i bet theyve made that job a lot easier? 

25 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

is that mini on the Cayley? :biggrin:

i think it is too, same as i had in my UNO i think? or similar 

67424061_117177726267155_7220996818182602752_n.thumb.jpg.cc9f41f99b300cdf854d75d5a28c3682.jpg

mmmm that looks different now wasnt there an fhf 64 too? 

Good spot Nige. It’s the calendar we have in the office at work. A charity one put together by a Welsh mini club we deal with. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Boots said:

Shown here as Waltham

Waltham_1155.jpg

Many thanks for your observations.

Indeed, there are general similarities, but you'll see that the balance are of quite different shapes and the ratchet wheels are different sizes. Also, the angles of the bridges are different, as are their tails.

Today's effort had been ID'd from the dial side during a tear-down.

Regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wr!ghty200 said:

Good spot Nige. It’s the calendar we have in the office at work. A charity one put together by a Welsh mini club we deal with. 

i thought so i remember all the minis coming to llandudno and Rhos, there is a big Porsche on the prom parade too and the three castles quiet a lot of car clubs visit, your car looks great :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nigelp said:

i thought so i remember all the minis coming to llandudno and Rhos, there is a big Porsche on the prom parade too and the three castles quiet a lot of car clubs visit, your car looks great :thumbsup:

There is an annual mini run/meet to llandudno every year. That one on the calender isn’t mine. Mine is at the halfway stage in its restoration, painted and rolling again, electrics, trim and engine to go.:tongue:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nigelp said:

Engineering drawing Dave? I can remember doing that at school in the late 1980's, part of Technical Drawing, no computers then though i bet theyve made that job a lot easier? 

Technical Drawing was my thing at school, it just seemed to come naturally to me, which led to a 2 year technical illustration course at college, followed by a career from 1978 to today, producing artwork for parts catalogues and maintenance manuals, which is what you can see on the screen behind that ma-hoo-sive Bulova :tongue:  You're right, there were no computers when I did my training, but I haven't used a pencil and paper for drawing since around 1990.  And yes, it is a lot easier now.

In case you haven't seen it, my website shows some of the stuff I've been doing over the years: http://davepatey-illustration.com/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wr!ghty200 said:

There is an annual mini run/meet to llandudno every year. That one on the calender isn’t mine. Mine is at the halfway stage in its restoration, painted and rolling again, electrics, trim and engine to go.:tongue:

good luck with it :yes:

1 minute ago, Davey P said:

Technical Drawing was my thing at school, it just seemed to come naturally to me, which led to a 2 year technical illustration course at college, followed by a career from 1978 to today, producing artwork for parts catalogues and maintenance manuals, which is what you can see on the screen behind that ma-hoo-sive Bulova :tongue:  You're right, there were no computers when I did my training, but I haven't used a pencil and paper for drawing since around 1990.  And yes, it is a lot easier now.

In case you haven't seen it, my website shows some of the stuff I've been doing over the years: http://davepatey-illustration.com/

i'll have a look interesting do you know Steve Fermor (JDC) or heard of? I did Graphic Communication GCSE it was Technical Drawing with a new name yep i loved it as i enjoyed Art and drawing generally. 

• Like 1