• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Are Timex getting "over priced" ?

sort of goes against the original idea of cheap American disposable watches along with the American dream i guess it went up in price? 

why not if they are well made, they look nice, and lets face it they are as much timex as an African Mercedes. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

I love me my Timex ...

So do I. I have quite a few, some with great sentimental value. The reason I like them (and Pobedas/Zim) is because they were designed to be a cheap watch that was within easy reach of anyone who wanted a watch for the simple purpose of telling the time. It would appear that Timex is trying to create a market upwards of their original ethos, and good luck to them, and their new audience. Me ? I'll continue in my "old git" mode and rake the Bargain shelf at TKmaxx for the £15 military style Indiglow's. :yes: been quite lucky recently too. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Speedy112 said:

Nope... and yes way over priced its a Timex

What would you rather ?

h70455533_6.png

TW2U16800.jpg?sw=520&sh=520&sm=fit&sfrm=

The Hamilton retails at £40 more and has an ETA 2824-2, and you get 15% off Hamilton if to haggle, and discount off the Timex if you sign up as a new account. I'd have to see that Timex, and learn a bit about their aftersales too, which to date does not fill me with confidence.

16 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

I nearly picked one of them up too - I think it was in a kind of display box - not sure why I didn't, I think it may have been the strap?  I ended up with my black IP 'Sector' chrono instead anyway

The two that I got came with a one piece pull through khaki strap, with a very decent quality buckle I may add. Can't fault them, both a wrapped up in paper for sending out for Christmas now.

1 hour ago, Paul H. said:

I feel $650 CDN for a Timex quartz is a little steep for me.......Cheers p :(

Having been to Vancouver recently and having had the best value hot dog on the planet down at the kiosk on English bay I can A. Confirm that Canada is a land of value  and that B. The Times quartz does not hold truck with their norms of value .... 

• Like 1