UK Watch Forum banner

Put your hands in the air!

1K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  Caller. 
#1 ·
For a little light hearted entertainment....

It's often the little subtleties that make a watch and the hands are a big part of that; a make or break!

So, let's see your favourite set(s) of hands, I'll deliberate for a moment and be right back.

#3 ·
After some deliberation, these of the watches I own (appreciated that the snowflakes are definitely marmite but they really do it for me!).

(Bad photo I know!)

I do Ile a flash of colour on a second hand too...

IMG_20191116_183235

Got

Slightly better photo of the Certina sword, the Tudor snowfalkes simply won't photograph off my phone!

IMG_20191116_184824

#17 ·
+1 to @Nigelp for Grand Seiko, here is mine.

Yes, Dauphine hands are rather classically beautiful if well executed (which these most certainly are).

My personal preference is for heat "blued" or "mauved" hands, but of course they don't suit dark dials -- so, with those my favourite watchmaker also has a take on Dauphine . . .

dQjzcAs.jpg

#7 ·
i am with nigel & boots on this the Gs have the best hands , for clarity & simplicity i would put these forward

deano

wNCnX6y.jpg?1
people do tend to come around to my way of thinking in the end, we tend to sit down, talk about it and decide I was right.

i should have been a footy ref.

[IMG alt="Image result for brian clough" data-ratio="74.27"]https://i2-prod.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/article247134.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/Brian_Clough09.jpg[/IMG]

Thats a nice series 2 jag.

#25 ·
These take some beating

Omega PO
For a dive watch, I agree. I have the 8850 version of your watch with the same hands and I don't think photos do justice to how imposing and just right they are. They give out a feeling of real solidity. I think it's one of the reasons the PO remains such a popular watch..

IMG-0077.jpg

#11 ·
Third favourite . . . . . . .

WAOdZTc.jpg

Second favourite . . . .

sst6Xbi.jpg

But, best by far . . . . .

AiuhIFN.jpg

(Perfect length, wonderful form (by hand), gorgeous mauve/brown colour.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.