• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Always"watching"

Posting a Video Clip

I would be most grateful if someone could just give me a duffer's guide to posting video clips from, say, Youtube, to a forum post. I am sure that once upon a time, I knew how to do this, but as I haven't uploaded (or is it dowloaded?) a video clip onto a Forum post for a long time, I have forgotten the process. Many thanks in advance...:)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Always"watching" said:

I would be most grateful if someone could just give me a duffer's guide to posting video clips from, say, Youtube, to a forum post. I am sure that once upon a time, I knew how to do this, but as I haven't uploaded (or is it dowloaded?) a video clip onto a Forum post for a long time, I have forgotten the process. Many thanks in advance...:)

What sort of equipment do you use ? i.e. PC, tablet, iPhone etc etc.

• Thanks 1

hi honour, go onto you tube, 

type in the title roughly of what you want, eg seiko vintage

select the video by clicking with the cursor

click on the share button its like an arrow with 'SHARE' 

a box will pop up and put your cursor in the line with 'COPY' 

left click that and the text will turn blue

right click on mouse

select 'copy'

come back to the forum

right click mouse

select paste

and the video will appear

• Thanks 2

Thanks Guys - I think that your potted guide is perfect for me, dear Nigel @Nigelp, and thanks also to you, Steve - I should have clarified that I am using a Windows 10 laptop.If I have any problems, I now know who to ask.:)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Always"watching" said:

Thanks Guys - I think that your potted guide is perfect for me, dear Nigel @Nigelp, and thanks also to you, Steve - I should have clarified that I am using a Windows 10 laptop.If I have any problems, I now know who to ask.:)

im using a windows 10 lap top too Honour and i always sort of muddle my way through with things, most people say i work by reverse logic! :laugh:

• Like 1