• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
jsud2002

Show me your G Shocks

I have never owned a G Shock for myself , I did come across one a while ago which tidied it up and gave it to my son . I fancy buying one for myself now as they seem to be a rough rigged all round watch and seeing as there are a ton of variations out there I thought it an idea for member here to show off their G Shocks to give me an an idea of what is available. 

Thanks in advance . John 

G Shocks aren’t that popular on this small forum so your not going to get a huge variety of what they offer.

Your better off looking on the G Shock website, narrowing down a few models and then researching them online or seeing them in person.

Is there anything in particular your after in terms of style or features? Analogue/digital? Rubber or metal?

5 hours ago, Igerswis said:

G Shocks aren’t that popular on this small forum so your not going to get a huge variety of what they offer.

Your better off looking on the G Shock website, narrowing down a few models and then researching them online or seeing them in person.

Is there anything in particular your after in terms of style or features? Analogue/digital? Rubber or metal?

I am not a fan of their ani/digi combinations and am thinking rubber rather than metal. I will check out their website for ideas and probably go for a digi version. Thanks 

• Like 1

Whilst I recognise you just said you don't like the ani/digi combinations, here is mine - and I am a big fan of it, perfect travel watch and everyday alarm.

large._T6A6265.JPG.5e841a1c01779643769074a29f336531.JPG

• Like 2

5620 1ER , I put it on the bracelet and added bars.

2019-10-18_06-47-58

Imho the combi bracelet is way better than the basic strap :thumbsup:

Not a fan of the ana dig , and prefer the old school rectangular case.

• Like 1

Only have one and don't wear it too much as it's BIG and if I'm honest not too easy to see the time on.

9b95f2e00999c7e80fc7b834f82639c0.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rotundus said:

5620 1ER , I put it on the bracelet and added bars.

2019-10-18_06-47-58

Imho the combi bracelet is way better than the basic strap :thumbsup:

Not a fan of the ana dig , and prefer the old school rectangular case.

I like the look of this style especially the rectangular case. 

I am not a fan of their ani/digi combinations and am thinking rubber rather than metal. I will check out their website for ideas and probably go for a digi version. Thanks 

Frogman:

d3724fefa75387b94651b00a8a7b0eb0.jpeg

Rangeman:

724bf4e86620a8935bb8301222271f6f.jpeg

DW-5600 (squares):

2a3bf848730fd111661f32473ba96af6.jpegb1d45fb5a6460760fc8981c7e46b5123.jpeg

DW-6900/GDX-6900:

21e517cb347ea85e002c1feb7cb5466c.jpeg

There’s many more models that Casio produce; all depends on your preference and budget.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jsud2002 said:

@Igerswis wow that is some collection , very impressive indeed. The 5600's look good 

They are, I've got one and love it, not too bulky either. Mine is on a fabric strap, and it is most comfortable.

• Like 1

On 18/11/2019 at 10:12, jsud2002 said:

probably go for a digi version. Thanks 

Not a bad price on these at the moment.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/casio-gorillaz-g-shock/dp/B06WGQ367L/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?keywords=gshock+watches+men&qid=1574171689&sprefix=gshock&sr=8-4

Amazon is worth watching as their prices seem to fluctuate irregularly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have narrowed it down to two , firstly the GW-M5610-1ER I like the rectangular case and the fact it is a solar

Screenshot_20191119-155432.thumb.png.7a585e8a48090abd495ace2abe0b905c.png

My next choice is is made on the basis of go large or go home , the GW-7900B-1ER I like this one as it is big and bold and as well as being a solar it also has the radio controlled time adjust ( this would be a first for me as I have never owned one before ) 

Screenshot_20191119-155950.thumb.png.c590f9064d26f01298be1810117438d9.png

• Like 1

In contrast to @Igerswis who appears to have every G-Shock ever made (:laughing2dw:) I have just one in my collection, and it's this bright yellow beauty:

2013-06-04 10.04.33

It was a pressie from Mrs P a few years ago, and I haven't worn it for a while (it's needed a new battery for ages, and I just haven't got round to sorting it).  Plenty of wrist presence on this bad boy, and I really like it :thumbs_up:

• Like 3

On 18/11/2019 at 17:30, Igerswis said:

Frogman:

Rangeman:

DW-5600 (squares):

DW-6900/GDX-6900:

There’s many more models that Casio produce; all depends on your preference and budget.

Bloody hell Irfan, I know you like a good G-Shock but I never knew by how much! Are they all here with you? 

I don't want to put temptation your way, but...….

https://www.paragondepartmentstore.com/store-promotion/ส่งท้ายปีในงาน-19th-bangkok-world-watch/

• Like 1

Bloody hell Irfan, I know you like a good G-Shock but I never knew by how much! Are they all here with you? 
I don't want to put temptation your way, but...….
https://www.paragondepartmentstore.com/store-promotion/ส่งท้ายปีในงาน-19th-bangkok-world-watch/

Lol I only brought two with me from the UK. Think there’s around 70 now and I’m going Khon Kaen in the morning to pick up some more....

That Pendulum place messaged me on Line yesterday; they have a blue Vacheron Constantin chrono in stock. 950,000 baht :o Starting to wish I didn’t buy so many G Shocks now!
  • Like 1

On 17/11/2019 at 23:14, jsud2002 said:

I have never owned a G Shock for myself , I did come across one a while ago which tidied it up and gave it to my son . I fancy buying one for myself now as they seem to be a rough rigged all round watch and seeing as there are a ton of variations out there I thought it an idea for member here to show off their G Shocks to give me an an idea of what is available. 

Thanks in advance . John 

Do these count? Titanium Pro-Trek - all tough and stuff.

No photo description available.

IMG_20191118_172616709(1).thumb.jpg.14c1298fa578b13e906a394641db9f8d.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Igerswis said:

That Pendulum place messaged me on Line yesterday; they have a blue Vacheron Constantin chrono in stock. 950,000 baht :o Starting to wish I didn’t buy so many G Shocks now!

At Paragon? I'll be there on Friday or Monday. I'll have a look.

I was in KK the week before last!

• Like 2