• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Hump day hooray! WRUW 20 Nov

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good morning, going with this 9ct Garrard from 1968 today.   

Morning, new strap for my golden panda. HAGW!

Avia today

Posted Images

Morning,

From the darkest recesses of my Cabinet o’ Clunkers comes an original, um, Original, in a 37mm 1970s-style case. Seemingly made by Constructa, the Mondaine-owned pin lever outfit and probably cased up in Hong Kong.

With exceptions about as rare as unicorn jobbies, almost anything showing a random number on the dial often, but not exclusively, in a circle, is going to be unbridled rubbish. However, with the seller wisely omitting any worthwhile description of this gem, I’d been intrigued to discover what exotic treasure lay inside. I can’t say I was particularly overjoyed, or surprised, to find yet another Baumgartner 866. However, it was cheap, very cheap, seldom a sign of la qualité.

My apologies to anyone else who’s daft enough to have one of these specimens, but it really is a bit of a shocker.

Regards.

Original 2 v.2.jpg

Original BFG 866 2 v.2.jpg

• Like 9