• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Saturday 23 Nov - WRUW this weekend?

Jet Jetski

3 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

I though that, but Ranfft says it has a digital display and is usually/always signed 2073. Maybe 2033 was a special for Rotary?

Yes indeed the 2083 is a jump hour cal. Yes it could be the case I have a Rado that has a different number, so it could be well be a model designated to Rotary!

Cheers Martin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, martinzx said:

Wow David!! That looks quite special and the condition looks A1!! A recent addition?

Cheers Martin :thumbsup:

Thank you Martin. :thumbsup: it’s not a recent addition but one that hasn’t had the wrist time it deserves over the years. I will try and remedy that in the future as it is a lovely watch. :)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

It looks very tidy - do you know if the 3 slots on the left-handed screws is a geographical thing, or is it widespread?

Sorry J-J, I don’t know the answer to that  -  it’s not something I’d ever considered before. It may be purely decorative and specific to Slava twin-barrelled movements, as the 2427, 2414 and 2416 (at least) also have the same feature.  

Perhaps if there are any Slava experts amongst us, they may be able to shed some light on the matter.

Regards.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Balaton1109 said:

Sorry J-J, I don’t know the answer to that  -  it’s not something I’d ever considered before. It may be purely decorative and specific to Slava twin-barrelled movements, as the 2427, 2414 and 2416 (at least) also have the same feature.  

Perhaps if there are any Slava experts amongst us, they may be able to shed some light on the matter.

Regards.

I found the definitive answer (I knew this marking was introduced into many Russian movements).  Ready?

"Crown wheel screws are left handed, except when they aren't. Left hand threaded screws have 3 slots in them, except when they don't. "

Simples!

7 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

I found the definitive answer (I knew this marking was introduced into many Russian movements).  Ready?

"Crown wheel screws are left handed, except when they aren't. Left hand threaded screws have 3 slots in them, except when they don't. "

Simples!

Well, of course! Stupid me for not knowing that, and clever you for hiding someone's light under a bushel before your big reveal.

Regards.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

I put this on earlier, can't remember how to use the quick-set date, and it was too near midnight to risk it anyway, so I'll sort it when safe - automatic homage to the Russian NII 'hummer' (reverse engineered accutron) developed for the cosmonauts.  The original used mercury batteries.

wruw.thumb.jpg.c9177e881488814a26cbf43f27f352b5.jpg

'Almost 22mm' one-piece leather strap squishing between those 'almost 21mm' lugs quite nicely - the spring bars are well away from the case so the 2mm thickness is easily accommodated.

IMG_20191123_000947293(1).thumb.jpg.9bdf48ee78c14355d9fda24ce0f7ffae.jpg

IMG_20191123_001318731(1)(1).thumb.jpg.ea540e14bbb40940ac388753bbebc977.jpg

And me buckling up on the side of my wrist so I don't scratch my desk! :tongue:

HAGD!

ive taken notice of the people whio told me ive made my old king quartz look to mint in the case...so ive sorted it, thats why im late...ive done it with the dogs brush. And they think im joking. Its perfectly swirled now and not to glossy. That was the issue, id left the odd dent but got shut of all the swirls. They are back now. 

9 hours ago, badgersdad said:

HAGWE!

20191123_102413.jpg

very classical. 

• Like 2