• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Saturday 23 Nov - WRUW this weekend?

Jet Jetski

I put this on earlier, can't remember how to use the quick-set date, and it was too near midnight to risk it anyway, so I'll sort it when safe - automatic homage to the Russian NII 'hummer' (reverse engineered accutron) developed for the cosmonauts.  The original used mercury batteries.

wruw.thumb.jpg.c9177e881488814a26cbf43f27f352b5.jpg

'Almost 22mm' one-piece leather strap squishing between those 'almost 21mm' lugs quite nicely - the spring bars are well away from the case so the 2mm thickness is easily accommodated.

IMG_20191123_000947293(1).thumb.jpg.9bdf48ee78c14355d9fda24ce0f7ffae.jpg

IMG_20191123_001318731(1)(1).thumb.jpg.ea540e14bbb40940ac388753bbebc977.jpg

And me buckling up on the side of my wrist so I don't scratch my desk! :tongue:

HAGD!

Edited by Jet Jetski
Extra pic.
  • Like 8

27 minutes ago, jaslfc5 said:

watch I've never really bonded with so last chance saloon for it today

To me sometimes a watch can be like 'english curry' -  very nice and nothing wrong with it on your chips, but doesn't especially stir a hankering if you've not had it for a bit.  Doesn't have the 'draw' of a Madras or Vindaloo! 

Morning,

My fears about its bona fides were dispelled by variants of this thing being found in the Slava catalogues of the mid-‘80s. Runs on a twin-barrel 26j Slava 2428 hand winder in a 40mm case with pusher at 2 for the day quick-set.

A curiosity with its almost Dali-esque numerals and, no, it doesn’t run backwards.

Regards.

Slava 40mm 2019 2 v.2.jpg

Slava 40mm Slava 2428 2019 v.2.jpg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, spinynorman said:

Rotary automatic, generous giveaway by @andyclient. I couldn't get the bracelet down small enough, so it's now on a Rosario Epsom Dark Blue from UKWatchStrap.

DSC_0995a

Also had the back off to see if I could identify the movement. I think that says AS 2033, but can't find it on Ranfft, though AS 2063 looks the same.

DSC_0965mvt

DSC_0965close

Perhaps it could be AS2083? Lovely watch btw!

Cheers Martin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2019-11-23_09-40-51

2 of 3 logstores now empty so awaiting arrival of a few logs.

Move to Scotland complete. Engineering job finally punted :thumbsup:. Hopefully notice period over by Xmas , need to do some careful negotiation next week. :boxing:

710 spending next couple of days relocating plants from the sadly missed 810's garden to our hillside plot. No rest for the wicked I suspect.

Hopefully 50 is the new 35 :laughing2dw:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Balaton1109 said:

Morning,

My fears about its bona fides were dispelled by variants of this thing being found in the Slava catalogues of the mid-‘80s. Runs on a twin-barrel 26j Slava 2428 hand winder in a 40mm case with pusher at 2 for the day quick-set.

A curiosity with its almost Dali-esque numerals and, no, it doesn’t run backwards.

Regards.

Slava 40mm 2019 2 v.2.jpg

Slava 40mm Slava 2428 2019 v.2.jpg

It looks very tidy - do you know if the 3 slots on the left-handed screws is a geographical thing, or is it widespread?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Boots said:

Sorry, wrong date!

large._N8Y6199.JPG.be5f6b05551fcb4ee0f90581f3fd141a.JPG

Always an issue with watches in rotation  :whistle:- I also believe the quick-set is not always kind to the date-wheel, if true then probably not an issue if you move the date on a day or so  5 times per year, but not ideal scrolling through them every other month. 

• Thanks 2