• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Autonomous

WRUW Monday 25th

Morning,

Today, it’ll be this 1960s Parker auto with its 25j PUW 1361.

There are several possible makers recorded, but so far I’ve never been able to find a convincing home for this one, with the absence of “Swiss-made” combined with a German movement.

Possibly imported from Germany and distributed by Saul Parker (Parker Watch Company) of NY who registered a Parker brand name (amongst many, many others) but there’s no import code on the movement, so that remains pure speculation.

Regards.

Parker auto 1 v.2.jpg

Parker Auto PUW 1361 2 v.2.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wr!ghty200 said:

6aNujGt.jpg

emFr7Xc.jpg

Smiths PRS-68 the majority of the day.

Never seen one of these before. That is a really smart looking watch :thumbsup:

• Like 7

Today I am wearing one of those awful watches certain people hate so much. Apparently the sapphire isn't real sapphire, the 316L stainless case is not steel, it's beautiful leather strap is probably plastic, the ceramic bezel is made out of something that isn't ceramic,  and it's Miyota movement is possibly a cheap quartz movement made in a sweat shop in China. 

gleKwhc.jpg

• Like 7

Got my grail watch last week so this hasn't actually been off my wrist for most of the intervening time that I've been awake.

I can't see my other watches getting much of a look in for a while either which is a shame as I just got a lovely little dressy Eterna that is fantastically comfortable to wear.

The stars aligned though and money, availability and permission were all in the right place at the right time so this just had to get in my watch box.

2-FCB88-AB-7-AD5-4080-A8-BC-A97-CDFE4-CE

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jaslfc5 said:

j7qLx0r.jpgmy gloomy day watch. Miserable day happy watch.

Very nice I likey :yes:

2 hours ago, julian2002 said:

Got my grail watch last week so this hasn't actually been off my wrist for most of the intervening time that I've been awake.

I can't see my other watches getting much of a look in for a while either which is a shame as I just got a lovely little dressy Eterna that is fantastically comfortable to wear.

The stars aligned though and money, availability and permission were all in the right place at the right time so this just had to get in my watch box.

2-FCB88-AB-7-AD5-4080-A8-BC-A97-CDFE4-CE

Congratulations on your grail and very nice indeed :yes:

as for the rest of your unworn collection you could list them for sale/trade for us to give them a new home :whistle:I really need an orange monster 

cheers 

Sulie 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sulie said:

Very nice I likey :yes:

Congratulations on your grail and very nice indeed :yes:

as for the rest of your unworn collection you could list them for sale/trade for us to give them a new home :whistle:I really need an orange monster 

cheers 

Sulie 

6LUSpiV.jpglots of spoons love the funky ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1