• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Citizen Eco drive watches

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have two and never had any problem with them. When not in use keep in the light to keep the capacitor charged up. There are loads of members here with them, and I can't remember seeing any downers o

Great watches, I bought this one on eBay four years ago in a somewhat 'used' condition for £15.... A bit of TLC and it ended up like this.... Still on the original capacitor and hasn

I've got the Eco-Drive's great grandfather, a Citizen Crystron solar analogue watch, the very first solar quartz analogue watch in the World, released in late 1976. A bit of history HERE I instan

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/07/2020 at 00:19, BarryW said:

When the cap dies they are junk. I have over 150 seiko and citizen solars. Citizens are great. Till the cap goes. Then a new movement is needed. Will never buy one again

What a load of tosh 

just change the capacitor- I’ve done this on several Eco drives with no issues 

I have a Citizen WR200 JY0075-54E which is Solar powered and Radio Controlled, I worked out that is about 12yrs old and hasn't missed a beat in all that time, for many years it was my daily wear.

It needs a service as the crown won't screw open or closed but other than that it still works without a problem!

21 hours ago, lewie said:

What a load of tosh 

just change the capacitor- I’ve done this on several Eco drives with no issues 

yeah, they are great watches for sure. I mean, I've had 20 plus years out of one of mine, without having to change the rechargeable cell inside. I think the key is to keep them charged well and they will serve you well.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought an eco drive a couple of weeks ago at the bootsale, As ever, The bracelet was sized so that it nips my skin!

Z7deNA4.jpgIYCTebD.jpg

I ended up removing the 19mm bracelet and squeezing an old Di Modell black 20mm strap in!!

sP1c599.jpg

I also picked up a non running Junghans up for the princely sum of one GB £ :thumbs_up:

4wLjujU.jpg

The balance staff isn't broken but seems to lack power at the pallet, The second hand has come off it's shaft too!

John :thumbsup:

• Like 1