• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Ajohn

Open Source Watch Regulartion

I've been playing with this lately and wonder if any one else has on here. One forum has plenty of partial information on it but from my use the microphone end is tricky.

This is what I am using

Seiko5 Regulation using a Tg setup

Bits of amazon. Preamp and a violin clip on piezo pickup. Results

The software is call Tg. I run Linux and had a bit of a problem compiling it as the web page suggests but no problems with the usual ./config etc.

Unlike most similar things it runs continuously so there is bound to be a bit of variation in readings but the time errors appear to be correct. Different watches behave differently according to how they are connected. I've been comparing results with a 6000 series Tag Heuer and the new Seiko.  Set up one way may work well with  one but not the other. The rate error appears to be correct but if the traces bounce around it may not settle down often enough. All down to the microphone end - well I think that is the cause.

It's fed into a mic input on a laptop that turned out to be a headset input so needed a splitter cable to get at the actual mic input. The grey Pulse thing just shows how strong a signal the preamp gives. That probably has a higher bandwidth than the set up ideally needs.

John

-