• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
BondandBigM

The Good Old Days - rose tinted glasses required

4 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

My mate still has one. Took him out in a sidecar once without a helmet, and he had this tail coming from the sides of his head. We call it a "Hap".

bobbycharlton.jpg

447e09356197e1797704fc119224c1a2--comb-o

Hard call, is it better or worse than that other nostalgic bonce fashion, the mullet ?

308ea1705e28d59eaa7aa5b351dae24f.jpg

This is what I was thinking about when I saw that bloke.

Where does 'hap' come from ?

There was a quality bloke came down seeing how I got a criss-cross finish on external grinding once and he quickly became known as 'walnut whip' because of the hair piled up on his head Trump style

When the mullet was  di rigeuer, I went into a hairdressers and came out looking like Charlie Nicholas.GW407H496

Went into the first old school barbers, and got a number 1. Been like that ever since. 

6 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

Where does 'hap' come from

Scots vernacular for cover. A truck tarpaulin is called a hap, so when you're covering something you "hap it up". 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

When the mullet was  di rigeuer, I went into a hairdressers and came out looking like Charlie Nicholas.GW407H496

Went into the first old school barbers, and got a number 1. Been like that ever since. 

Scots vernacular for cover. A truck tarpaulin is called a hap, so when you're covering something you "hap it up". 

I once had a curly perm that made me look like a Scouse footballer, which I had for all of a week.:laugh: