• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Igerswis

Sunday modern (post 1990)

G Shock Frogman Antarctic Research ROV:

70cc91f27fa1b1895d92bc255105bdf1.jpeg

Here’s some more of the real Thailand. Five abandoned puppies around a month old. Found them last night and fed them to keep them going but they’ll probably be dead in weeks as disease is rife and kills them easily:

e7f574f5fbec99758930005f16f82274.jpeg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Igerswis said:

G Shock Frogman Antarctic Research ROV:

70cc91f27fa1b1895d92bc255105bdf1.jpeg

Here’s some more of the real Thailand. Five abandoned puppies around a month old. Found them last night and fed them to keep them going but they’ll probably be dead in weeks as disease is rife and kills them easily:

e7f574f5fbec99758930005f16f82274.jpeg

I've fed kittens on Greek Islands at the end of the summer season knowing full well they'd soon be killed.

In fact in we had about 10 or 12 in our apartment on Corfu once.

A woman came knocking on the door in hysterics saying she'd just heard the locals would kill them all once we'd gone home.

Although we knew anyway, it wasnt a great ending to the holiday.

• Like 1

I've fed kittens on Greek Islands at the end of the summer season knowing full well they'd soon be killed.
In fact in we had about 10 or 12 in our apartment on Corfu once.
A woman came knocking on the door in hysterics saying she'd just heard the locals would kill them all once we'd gone home.
Although we knew anyway, it wasnt a great ending to the holiday.

This isn’t a holiday though. I actually rented a place here for a while and used it as base while travelling. So I saw a lot more than most. Even had the local drug dealer pick a fight with me; he didn’t know I was doing Muay Thai and I didn’t know he was the main drug dealer around there.

You see the good as a tourist but when you stay in these villages for a period of time you see the real ugly side to Thailand. Foreigners (or falaang as were called even though I’m not ‘white’) come here and make the mistake of bringing their culture and values with them. They don’t integrate and have a chip on their shoulder and criticise Thai people for the lack of common sense and education they have.

I always thought they were in the wrong but after seeing what goes on I understand why many of them have that mentality of belittling Thai people. Still a great place to visit if you stick to the main areas though!
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Igerswis said:

This isn’t a holiday though. I actually rented a place here for a while and used it as base while travelling. So I saw a lot more than most. Even had the local drug dealer pick a fight with me; he didn’t know I was doing Muay Thai and I didn’t know he was the main drug dealer around there.

You see the good as a tourist but when you stay in these villages for a period of time you see the real ugly side to Thailand. Foreigners (or falaang as were called even though I’m not ‘white’) come here and make the mistake of bringing their culture and values with them. They don’t integrate and have a chip on their shoulder and criticise Thai people for the lack of common sense and education they have.

I always thought they were in the wrong but after seeing what goes on I understand why many of them have that mentality of belittling Thai people. Still a great place to visit if you stick to the main areas though!

Animal welfare is well down the list of priorities then ??

• Like 1

Animal welfare is well down the list of priorities then ??

Definitely. Unless they’re in a city with more disposable income and a better education, they just keep pets for fun and let them roam around everywhere without any training or veterinary care.
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

What a stunner!

Thank you. Here's a little (boring  --  I ramble on for the first half before picking up the watch, so fast forward to about 3 minutes) video presentation thereof . . .

And, much better (for those who like lume)  --  Lux Aeterna . . .

Edited by yokel
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, yokel said:

Thank you. Here's a little (boring  --  I ramble on for the first half before picking up the watch, so fast forward to about 3 minutes) video presentation thereof . . .

"pay attention Bond" - excellent video presentation Q :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

I don't expect any 'likes' for this one, but, I love 'Seiko Group' Chronograph/ Alarm watches, and, I love the 7T32 and 7T62 movements.

I liked this style so much I was sad enough to go and buy all (3 in total I think???) variants of the X105, Green chrono hands, orange chrono hands, and, white dial.

A marmite watch?

9518f3e0fc220c6f369cc09a3e0b078c.jpg

• Like 7

Lovely sunny crisp day in Devon and for the 1st day of official winter, my IWC Fliegeruhr 3717. 

IMG_20191201_123855.jpg

• Like 12