• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jet Jetski

I unwittingly bought a lifetime supply of ...

Cape Cod polishing cloths.  They seemed expensive so I bought a tin full.  Now I cannot see myself ever using them all, since I wear my watches in rotation they don't pick up many scratches, and few of them - perhaps half a dozen - are on bracelets.

I saw @Ajohn had bought a lifetime's supply of Teepol L.

Have you inadvertently bought a lifetime supply of anything?  Not counting watches, obvs!

you might not have you might walk under a bus in the morning 

(to answer the question yes....Jaguars)

• Haha 2

Nothing, but then again I do plan on being immortal*,  so a lifetime amount of anything is an awful lot.

*this plan has been working perfectly well,  at least at time of press

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

Nothing, but then again I do plan on being immortal*,  so a lifetime amount of anything is an awful lot.

*this plan has been working perfectly well,  at least at time of press

i'll get you a gun 

5 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

yes....Jaguars

ummmm.....   you must be the only person to declare a longevity problem with the marque of the beast lol

Just now, Nigelp said:

i'll get you a gun

it's the silver bullets that are hard to get hold of!  blasted immortals. :laughing2dw:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

ummmm.....   you must be the only person to declare a longevity problem with the marque of the beast lol

it's the silver bullets that are hard to get hold of!  blasted immortals. :laughing2dw:

well you know me i blame that snooker player higgins 

Image result for oliver reed werewolf

35 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

Cape Cod polishing cloths.  They seemed expensive so I bought a tin full.  Now I cannot see myself ever using them all, since I wear my watches in rotation they don't pick up many scratches, and few of them - perhaps half a dozen - are on bracelets.

Have you inadvertently bought a lifetime supply of anything?  Not counting watches, obvs!

send em me and i'll send em my mate to polish the tail pipes on my collection of series 3 V12's 

Image result for rusty daimler double six

1 hour ago, Jet Jetski said:

Cape Cod polishing cloths. 

So what's the difference between Cape Cod and Brasso wadding? Other than about 30 quid.:)

I've got a tin of Tate & Lyle black treacle that's been in the cupboard since 1976. So I guess that's a lifetime's supply.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

Cape Cod and Brasso wadding

Cape Cod is more juicy

28 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

a tin of Tate & Lyle black treacle

along the same lines, I have a tin of loose leaf black tea!  It's not as old as your treacle, but I have had it an awful long time, and don't think it will ever get used up - the tin looks nice though - a whiff of nostalgia when I look in my cupboards!

oh - and I have a lifetimes supply of these 1976 watches (ie two).  Forgot we were not supposed to mention watches.  Never mind.  p.s. I have cleaned the lint from under the crystal now!

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nigelp said:

well you know me i blame that snooker player higgins 

Image result for oliver reed werewolf

send em me and i'll send em my mate to polish the tail pipes on my collection of series 3 V12's 

Image result for rusty daimler double six

I had one of those bought weeks before petrol went up to the ludicrous price of £1 a gallon. :yes: It was a beautiful car to drive it was so quiet that the first time I drove it, I pulled up at traffic lights and thought it had stalled. I tried to start it which caused some horrible grinding sounds. Yep it was still running.

Putting £40 worth of petrol in the twin tanks and then watching the petrol gauge visibly go down as you drive soon wore a bit thin and sadly it had to go. 

By the way I have no lifetime supplies of anything. 

• Like 2

I had one of those bought weeks before petrol went up to the ludicrous price of £1 a gallon. :yes: It was a beautiful car to drive it was so quiet that the first time I drove it, I pulled up at traffic lights and thought it had stalled. I tried to start it which caused some horrible grinding sounds. Yep it was still running.
Putting £40 worth of petrol in the twin tanks and then watching the petrol gauge visibly go down as you drive soon wore a bit thin and sadly it had to go. 
My dad had one new in 1984 even new it never ran right. If you filled both tanks it used to swap over itself and poor petrol out
Some weird valve fault but what a car. Though in all fairness the 4.2 was just as nice. But yes the v12 was cathedral quiet. The modern germans or even the contemporary rolls have nothing on one. I bought my first when i was 22 a v12 xjs.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Pour petrol out...fraudian slip.

Hats
47249824242_b59577338c_b.jpg
Wheres ya clogs

So what's the difference between Cape Cod and Brasso wadding? Other than about 30 quid.
I've got a tin of Tate & Lyle black treacle that's been in the cupboard since 1976. So I guess that's a lifetime's supply.
Brasso works

He thinks hes got a lifetimes supply but his watches will still be scratched even if he rubs to the bone then drops dead.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

Cape Cod polishing cloths.  They seemed expensive so I bought a tin full. 

I bought a tin as well, wasn't sure how much I would use, but still happy that I bought it even though probably never use it all. Used them (well one cloth) a few of times so far and had really good results each time.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Nigelp said:

My dad had one new in 1984 even new it never ran right. If you filled both tanks it used to swap over itself and poor petrol out
Some weird valve fault but what a car. Though in all fairness the 4.2 was just as nice. But yes the v12 was cathedral quiet. The modern germans or even the contemporary rolls have nothing on one. I bought my first when i was 22 a v12 xjs.

Pour petrol out...fraudian slip.

Wheres ya clogs

Brasso works

He thinks hes got a lifetimes supply but his watches will still be scratched even if he rubs to the bone then drops dead.

Soft Dremel wheel with Cape cod solution for the deep stuff.

13 hours ago, Cyclops930 said:

I bought a short wheel based 4.2L E Type roadster just after an oil crisis. Didn't think I could afford it and made a very low offer. That series of E type would do 150mph just like the early ones and then emission controls hit them harder followed by type approval causing their demise. For reasonable economy I had to retune and balance the carbs every couple of months. My father in law had a Daimler double 6, he reckoned 4mpg but did drive rather hard. :biggrin: Cars were where all of his money went so eventually came and lived with us.

:whistle: I try and make everything I buy a lifetime supply. Buy once, hardly ever seems to work out though.

John

-

• Like 2

On 03/12/2019 at 19:27, Jet Jetski said:

The good news is that the cloths are excellent, albeit very smelly