• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Igerswis

WRUW - Friday 6th December 2019

Titanium square G Shock today, first time on the wrist. Finished in a full matt black pvd coating with the bezel and areas in between the links in a gloss finish. Very understated and the gold highlights do compliment the watch nicely.

Definitely more classy and dressy than the camouflage version which is much more in your face.

Still trying to get over how light the watch is; feels like a toy watch at times compared to the stainless steel versions.

960aa8181ad8eb835668c7f6cb6d0a88.jpeg

Had a nice walk this morning, it’s cold season in Thailand which makes being outdoors more bearable.

849cd7130b114cea0f51f5866d1604c7.jpeg

b3109b9bda7cfa459f57984d1f728ba9.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Morning, depending how you like your watches, the fact that this one has clearly lived a little may cheer you up, or not!

IMG_20191206_063232693_HDR(1).thumb.jpg.7b0470d0fbff1a05e742193ac8bac752.jpg

I felt better whilst I was looking at it, but that's because I was having a brew next to my SAD light (I don't actually have SAD, but Maplin were closing down, the lamp was cheap, and prevention is better than cure!)

HAGD

• Like 16
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

gold omega from 1962 today                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  phBDtM4.jpg?1

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Morning,

Oh dear. Amongst all your goodies, today comes this Hacrev from the ‘60s in all its not inconsiderable unloveliness and driven by the ubiquitous BFG 34 pin lever.

Made by the Helsa Watch Factory Ltd who folded in 1966 before being resurrected in 1977 as Helsa Watch SA.

Regards.

Hacrev 2 2019 2.JPG

Hacrev 2 BFG 34 2019 v.2.jpg

• Like 15

18 minutes ago, Graham60 said:

Morning :)

Seiko 5 Sports SNZG15K1 (Cal: 7S36C)

Seiko 5 Sports SNZG15K1 (Cal 7S36C)

I'm really digging this. Nice watch matey!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First outing in WRUW for this elegant Accurist Shockmaster, bent lug straightened, cleaned up and battered expanding bracelet replaced with Condor camel grain strap. Case back has so far resisted all efforts to get it open.

2019-12-06_09-43-02

• Like 11

These would seem appropriate starters...

APEKS AP0406 500m,SEIKO-Epson Cal. VX42E 

Apeks-500m-a.thumb.gif.49811e183b02cf070e2d1e4b51588925.gif

APEKS AP040s-5, 1000m SEIKO-Epson Cal.VX42E 

Apeks-1000m-4.thumb.gif.2b7cf6fe8752fbf453781f9bbdfa56cc.gif

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1974 6139 6012. Now on aftermarket wishbone which i must say is pretty good.

Theres a few nicknames for this one. Helmet we all know, also Darth Vader for the black dial which most of us will know and....Bobby Deerfield Al Pacino...google it and watch the trailer. I think the film flopped, but it looks a good racing pic ive a lazy afternoon so i think ill watch it on youtube....

Bobby deerfield vader helmet

9d06290f4c4fbd497d62c37a9379e551.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

2019-12-06_11-07-30

Last day as an equipment engineer :thumbs_up:

Should be at the bar just after lunch, wearing something else. This workhorse Casio to be retired to the box for setting and so forth. 

Back to the real world by about the end of Jan or so. Too young to retire but too old to be bothered with the boring stuff any longer :thumbsup:

Edited by Rotundus
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rotundus said:

Last day as an equipment engineer :thumbs_up:

Should be at the bar just after lunch, wearing something else. This workhorse Casio to be retired to the box for setting and so forth. 

Back to the real world by about the end of Jan or so. Too young to retire but too old to be bothered with the boring stuff any longer :thumbsup:

Good luck and have a nice lunch :drinks:drink ...

• Thanks 1