• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Always"watching"

Splinter Cell Blacklist Digital "Special Ops" Watch

I just thought I would give you a bit of pre-Christmas cheer with a watch I bought for £3.

I bought this watch as a stand-alone pre-owned item but originally it would have been included in the "Ultimatum Edition" of the 2013 Playstation 3 computer game, "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist," as a so-called "Special Ops" watch. I have noticed that there are a few Youtube videos showing the unpacking of the Ultimatum Edition box for this game (which includes a comic book, the game itself, and the watch) but they are not exactly exciting viewing so I haven't included one here. Instead, I will just describe the watch and show a few pics for your delectation. This then is a four-button LCD wristwatch with a 45mm black plastic case and soft rubber strap. The watch features three dials, all with flat plastic crystals, an emerald green ground colour and the displayed figures picked out in a metallic tone - functions being a chronograph, time and date display, alarm and hourly beep, and backlight - each dial having its own LED when the backlight button is pressed. The back seems to be in polished steel etched with the full title of the computer game above the mark, "UBICOLLECTIBLES".

watch.jpg&client=amp-blogside-v2&signatu

(Pic from Engadget at o.aolcdn.com)

I don't know if this watch will ever become genuinely collectible; there are certainly sellers out there cashing in on the notion that this is already a collectible item. As for my own opinion, I actually quite like this watch even if I would baulk at wearing it. What I like is the overall shape and design of the watch as well as those green dials - they are a bit different from the norm - both in daylight mode and when lit up. The black strap isn't bad, either. Yes, this is a cheapo watch, but in my view not a throw-away item - it has found a place in my collection. After all, if quality isn't available then novelty will sometimes do.:laugh:

170382940_148057644.jpg

(Pic from cloud10.todocoleccion.online)

Splinter-Cell-Blacklist-Ultimatum-Editio

(Above four pics from videogameshelf.com)

sc_scbl_watch-jpg.3234

(Pic from maxconsole.com)

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Always"watching" said:

I just thought I would give you a bit of pre-Christmas cheer with a watch I bought for £3.

I bought this watch as a stand-alone pre-owned item but originally it would have been included in the "Ultimatum Edition" of the 2013 Playstation 3 computer game, "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist," as a so-called "Special Ops" watch. I have noticed that there are a few Youtube videos showing the unpacking of the Ultimatum Edition box for this game (which includes a comic book, the game itself, and the watch) but they are not exactly exciting viewing so I haven't included one here. Instead, I will just describe the watch and show a few pics for your delectation. This then is a four-button LCD wristwatch with a 45mm black plastic case and soft rubber strap. The watch features three dials, all with flat plastic crystals, an emerald green ground colour and the displayed figures picked out in a metallic tone - functions being a chronograph, time and date display, alarm and hourly beep, and backlight - each dial having its own LED when the backlight button is pressed. The back seems to be in polished steel etched with the full title of the computer game above the mark, "UBICOLLECTIBLES".

watch.jpg&client=amp-blogside-v2&signatu

(Pic from Engadget at o.aolcdn.com)

I don't know if this watch will ever become genuinely collectible; there are certainly sellers out there cashing in on the notion that this is already a collectible item. As for my own opinion, I actually quite like this watch even if I would baulk at wearing it. What I like is the overall shape and design of the watch as well as those green dials - they are a bit different from the norm - both in daylight mode and when lit up. The black strap isn't bad, either. Yes, this is a cheapo watch, but in my view not a throw-away item - it has found a place in my collection. After all, if quality isn't available then novelty will sometimes do.:laugh:

170382940_148057644.jpg

(Pic from cloud10.todocoleccion.online)

(Above four pics from videogameshelf.com)

sc_scbl_watch-jpg.3234

(Pic from maxconsole.com)

if you like it;  it is collectable !      vin

• Like 1

What a lovely fun watch to have.

I used to enjoy playing the Splinter Cell video games.

Thanks for sharing :)

• Thanks 1