• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Do you have a Precisionist?

I do, and although at first I wasn't convinced, and it is uber bling so I rarely wear it, I have to say that I have just put it back the hour, so it's been running since March - and I use an 'atomic clock' (RC) - but it wasn't even a second out.   Jolly glad it didn't sell on ebay lol  (that's  another reason I have not been wearing it!).

Anyway, here's mine - how is yours and is it as good as the hype?  Mine is.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 1

Yep, I'm a big fan of Bulova Precisionists, I've had quite a few in the past, including the mighty "Davey Pee" which I should never have sold, and a Sea King UHF, plus a Military UHF and brown faced one with an awesome curved crystal, that didn't have a name... (:laughing2dw:).  I've still got two, and they are both keepers.  The first is this stunning chronograph, with 1/100th second stopwatch.  This is the 2nd favourite in my collection of around 60 watches:

20190529_142804

And the other one is my all time favourite watch, that needs no introduction on here as I always say it is the best looking watch I am ever likely to own:

DSCF2135

Absolute perfection, as far as I'm concerned :yahoo:

52 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

I like them but they are too large for me.  Even the straps are for men with 9" wrists!  Very clever movements though

It's 'too large' for me I suppose but the way they shape the bracelet onto the lugs - and I believe the lunar pilots are similar - means you can wear it on a smaller wrist - mine is only just over 7.  So yes it looks big, but then I only wear it out in a certain crowd when I am 'going large'!

36 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Absolute perfection, as far as I'm concerned

almost as good as mine - how is the timekeeping?

p.s. perfection would be if the balance of the second hand was lumed

5 hours ago, sabailand said:

Although Bulova make good watches I cant make my mind up about that precisionist, discarding the precisionist thing for a moment i just get the feeling its trying that little bit too hard ....... or maybe its just me.:wink:

I agree, but I don't think it is taking itself too seriously, and you can't buckle it on without feeling a tad subversive!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, sabailand said:

Although Bulova make good watches I cant make my mind up about that precisionist, discarding the precisionist thing for a moment i just get the feeling its trying that little bit too hard ....... or maybe its just me.:wink:

Yes, it's just you mate, everyone else thinks they are awesome :laughing2dw:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, sabailand said:

No,not just you,I think they are ghastly things,but what do I know.Each to their own.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Bonzodog said:

No,not just you,I think they are ghastly things,but what do I know.Each to their own.

So... just two people out of the whole TWF membership then... I'd say that is pretty conclusive, and the subject is now closed, with an overwhelming win for Precisionist :yahoo: :laughing2dw:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had the model below for a few days, (Bulova Champlain 96B131) bought on here because I liked the smooth sweep of the second hand. But it struck me that a watch rated to 300m should have a rotating bezel, not one that a. Is fixed in place by four bolts, and b. Is curved so it couldn't rotate even if it wasn't fixed. I thought it a bit nonsensical and flipped it straight away. As ever, just my humble opinion, etc.

Image result for bulova precisionist"

58 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I had the model below for a few days, (Bulova Champlain 96B131) bought on here because I liked the smooth sweep of the second hand. But it struck me that a watch rated to 300m should have a rotating bezel, not one that a. Is fixed in place by four bolts, and b. Is curved so it couldn't rotate even if it wasn't fixed. I thought it a bit nonsensical and flipped it straight away. As ever, just my humble opinion, etc.

Image result for bulova precisionist"

Yes, it's not really a tool watch, although it has a divers clasp extension.  I thought the same as you when I first bought mine, and it may have been the seed for my 'have you ever used your bezel?' thread .  But it does have good legibility and hand length, and I decided the 300m WR was a bit irrelevant as I avoid swimming like the plague!  So it's become the horological equivalent of a Christmas jumper.  It has been up for sale, as I will never wear it much, but it is fun to wear when I do.   You know me, and my challenging behaviour problem!

• Like 1