• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Tazmo61

Favourite Watch Purchase In 2019

4 minutes ago, sabailand said:

So you have at least two Alpinas then, im sure you posted a new purchase not that long ago, think it had a tan coloured leather starp, was a nice watch!

Not me sir, just the one, like Hitler :) 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, wrenny1969 said:

Not me sir, just the one, like Hitler :) 

Could have sworn it was you.... anyway does yours `dictate` the time well.:tongue:

• Haha 1

No watches in 2019 here. Though i'm feeling the urge to unload the 'basic' ones I have and buy something more substantial in 2020. Will see what happens if/when it does. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, r-macus said:

i'm feeling the urge to unload the 'basic' ones I have and buy something more substantial

@AVO's Law restated :)

• Haha 1

The next one

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

47951684733_0a125fe6a2_b.jpg Not only because its a lovely watch but a story too...  Its not every day you find yourself in Moscow buying such a thing and having a whirlwind romance with a crazy Russian lady. 
Winner makes the rest look like toys.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Good thread. I have bought and sold about 20 watches this year, so very hard. I am going for my Victorinox INOX. It is beautifully made, looks pretty damn good, and I believe it is suitable for just about any occasion. On the back of it I ended up buying another Victorinox watch. 

e93ubtg.jpg

13 hours ago, Jonesinamillion said:

Would have to be this...

See the source image

Gorgeos thing, doesn't get worn much but I really like it! 

Yeah, that looks lovely, and such a simple dial :teethsmile:

• Like 4

Hi Everyone, my first go at uploading a photo onto this site so here goes:

Today I am wearing my 1954 23 jewel , selfwinding, Bulova. I have just acquired it from the estate of an ex-watchmaker, and it is immaculate for it's age, keeps ok time, but just looks so stylish. And you know that nobody else in the room is going to be wearing the same. It is hard to get off my wrist, it is so comfortable that I often sleep in it. For sure my favourite purchase since I became bitten by the bug,,,,,

Sorry all, my tech skills have let me down. Off to learn how to upload photos now..... will try again later.

Such a hard decision, as I have bought and sold around 20 watches in 2019. I have gone for the Victorinox INOX. As a result of this purchase I ended up buying a Victorinox Maverick as well. I had read how good these watches are, but even so I was still delighted when I bought my first

e93ubtg.jpg

• Like 3

ive likes them all, possibly a few, including on the swiss side my mappin, and on the jap side what i have now, plus the batman i should have kept...etc etc etc. I think ive had 50 watches this year, loved them all, but have 4 at the moment i like better than the rest in's. Oh i loved the king quartz too. If ive to pick one...the suwa turtle unlike most its completely original and despite that unusual in being still presentable. No after market bezel insert, no polishing, no nothing, just a lot of use and as it was in 78, plus an uncle seiko gl831 and a service and pressure test...so it can go diving, or just sit in the box for the next 40 odd years. 

• Like 2

Probably an Omega Speedmaster X-33 3291.50.00  from early on in 2019

large.P2090357.JPG.1200be2800cf21389961c0810c0367d4.JPGlarge.P2090356.JPG.d35f3167fcd192469a1f0ceb834729f4.JPG

• Like 4

I am sucker for fleiger watches so it was a toss up between offerings from Fortis / IWC / Sinn

Having admired Sinn from the sidelines for some years, I finally picked up a Sinn 356 UTC.

I will have to go some way to top this in 2020

48c4c8c19fd4f804beeb806b6ead9cc6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The Seconda is a thing of beauty, I will add it to my list of watches I hope to stumble across one day!. Outside of russian watches / clocks I have never really hunted for vintage but that dial has me hooked 

On 16/12/2019 at 18:21, Jet Jetski said:

One of these - the 64/65 Poljot was one I really looked for, the 70's Sekonda just a lucky find.  Sentiment the Poljot, wowza the Sekonda!

69399626_150810569323522_734652071203674

76644613_159892945081951_339170283433125

Great thread.

sorry, THAT Sekonda 

Not quite gotten the hang of using the quite function yet 

Newbie fail :-(

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Unklegilly said:

I am sucker for fleiger watches so it was a toss up between offerings from Fortis / IWC / Sinn

Having admired Sinn from the sidelines for some years, I finally picked up a Sinn 356 UTC.

I will have to go some way to top this in 2020

48c4c8c19fd4f804beeb806b6ead9cc6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

A UTC is on my list, but not seen the right one yet.  Of course, I am not actually looking to buy yet another watch.  But window shopping is OK.

For me it is the Strela column wheel chronograph TR40CY, in tribute to the watch worn on the first ever spacewalk in 1965 by Alexi Leonov who sadly passed away late last year (2019):

large.IMG_8661.JPG.e8bc99ee35ebdc179f702d47d9c2bb27.JPG

• Like 4