• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Tazmo61

Favourite Watch Purchase In 2019

What has been your favourite watch purchase in 2019 . For me it has to be the Omega f300 'cone' . I have never owned a hummer before and I can say the way the second hand glides around the dial is mesmerising . What is your favourite so far this year .

jWrHNKfl.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

This is really hard to do, every watch this year is a  favourite, or I wouldn't have bought them. :thumbsup:

This Eterna Heritage would be high on the list though.

1.Eterna Heritage Military 1939 Collection Cal ETA 2814 2

• Like 12

Easy choice for me, this mighty Bulova Precisionist was far and away my best watch purchase of 2019:

20190529_142804

The story behind it is quite interesting as well.  In April I received an unbelievably generous gift out of the blue from our American friend @JayDeep of a similar Bulova Precisionist chrono, and whilst I was incredibly grateful (and pretty stunned to be honest), after wearing it for a week I discovered I just couldn't get on with it.  The main issue was the open hands against a really complicated and detailed dial, combined with my rubbish eyesight, made reading the time almost impossible.  After a few PM's backwards and forwards with Jay, he agreed that I could either swap it on here for something more suitable, or if that failed I could sell it and use the proceeds to buy another watch. There was no interest on here for a trade or sale, so I put it on ebay and, unsurprisingly, the watch sold within a couple of days.  I used the proceeds to buy the one shown, which is similar in functionality with it's 1/100th sec stopwatch and super smooth Precisionist movement etc, but it's slightly smaller and lighter (which actually wears better) and the dial is much clearer to read.  The quality is fantastic, as you might be able to see from the pic, and it went straight to the top two favourites in my collection.  A definite keeper, that's for sure :thumbs_up:

• Like 9

One of these - the 64/65 Poljot was one I really looked for, the 70's Sekonda just a lucky find.  Sentiment the Poljot, wowza the Sekonda!

69399626_150810569323522_734652071203674

76644613_159892945081951_339170283433125

Great thread.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

One of these - the 64/65 Poljot was one I really looked for, the 70's Sekonda just a lucky find.  Sentiment the Poljot, wowza the Sekonda!

69399626_150810569323522_734652071203674

76644613_159892945081951_339170283433125

Great thread.

I really, really love that Sekonda!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, mrzee said:

I really, really love that Sekonda!!!

The prices have been shooting up and I thought I had missed the boat - I paid quite a bit for the Poljot because it hit the spot.  Then lucky to find this on an antiques website and did a deal.  Sometimes have to pinch myself.  Will put the correct crown on when it goes for service.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mcb2007 said:

The Tudor 1926 was the highlight this year.

image.jpeg

I love that watch.

It could make me reconsider my retirement watch being my last watch.Damn !!!!:laugh:

19 hours ago, Cyclops930 said:

It's a tough call so I have split it into two options. emoji16.png

New Tudor 1926
Used Tudor date day.

072fc9bb54981fa6aa400b70182faf38.jpg38ae89dbb80d5d262d55c88665143212.jpg

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Handsome x 2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can see why the watches in this thread are favourites , they are stunning and I personally wouldn't mind any of them in my collection .:thumbs_up:

• Like 3

Great thread, I had a quite year by previous standards.
I did manage to source a grail for me, a vintage Zenith Defy 300m diver (unpolished) with the rarer cal 2552PC all original, crystal, screw down and signed crown, Gay Freres bracelet with diver extn, safety clasp,and signed and dated clasp. It has taken me several years, all told...

20191208_131240.jpg

Full story here,
for anyone who is interested

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Following the inevitable trajectory prescribed by @AVO's Law (see here), I have bought only two watches in 2019. Unusually for me, both were "pre-owned".

Difficult to choose a favourite as they are (apart from colour schemes) pretty much identical  --  however, if I had to choose today it would be the power-reserve . . . . . .

Yl6nnT6.jpg

vLToj8Y.jpg

CprpNpj.jpg

IfrBZrA.jpg

:)

22 hours ago, mcb2007 said:

The Tudor 1926 was the highlight this year.

image.jpeg

That would be a highlight in anyone's year :yes:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3