• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Carlos Fandango

Helvetia Swissonic Dynatron

Just thought I'd show my new arrival. A first for me, an ESA Dynatron 9154 movement. Battery powered but with a balance wheel.

Dial was loose and so hands were rubbing and the seconds hand had fallen off but that didn't take long to fix and it's now running fine. Interesting period in watchmaking.

7xFfEuVl.jpg

RNNAvKfl.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Nice i had a Roamer Mustang with the Swissonic electronic balance wheel and circuit. Unfortunately it was in poor condition and died. If i find another i may well get it. 

Image result for roamer mustang electronic

• Like 2

In 2008 [Approx.], Gevril purchased several NOS ESA Dynatron 9158 movements. Enough to make a limited run of 500.

GV2 "Hercules".

GV2.jpg

GV2.jpg

GV.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 22/12/2019 at 08:38, martinzx said:

A great watch and indeed and very interesting period. Is the back case similar to this?

20171021_124955.jpg

Yes, exactly the same save for the addition of a case number at the bottom. I have found quite a few other SGT branded, Sandoz, Avia etc. watches that are the same or slight variants of dial colour etc.

20 hours ago, Nigelp said:

Nice i had a Roamer Mustang with the Swissonic electronic balance wheel and circuit. Unfortunately it was in poor condition and died. If i find another i may well get it. 

Image result for roamer mustang electronic

That's a shame, nice watch. I'm surprised mine is running so well now. I think they are pretty reliable movements generally.

19 hours ago, BlueKnight said:

In 2008 [Approx.], Gevril purchased several NOS ESA Dynatron 9158 movements. Enough to make a limited run of 500.

GV2 "Hercules".

GV2.jpg

GV2.jpg

GV.jpg

That's interesting, waste not, want not!

• Like 2

I love mine, here is a picture of the front of the watch,  it is a Creation Creatronic :thumbsup:

20171021_124846.jpg

Now on this ladder bracelet

IMG_4350.jpg

• Like 3

Bit late to this thread but here is my 'Talis' Swissonic (ETA 9158)......

kv49GkS.jpg

35VfhKi.jpg

Bought as a a 'non runner' and fault traced to a corrosion damaged circuit board......original circuit seen here :-

wHom1Iz.jpg

A replacement NOS board was found on eBay from a Dutch seller (strangely the board arrived, having been posted in Switzerland....).

1GotZBh.jpg

Board changed and the watch now fitted on a suitable period style mesh bracelet.....

WxX18rG.jpg

• Thanks 1