• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Davey P

Interesting little job lot of watches...

I saw my brother yesterday, and knowing my interest in watches, he handed over a small joblot rescued from his mother in law's house.  She was being moved to a care home, and during a clear out of her house these watches were going to be thrown away, so he thought I might find a use for them.

First up is the star of the show, a lovely Rytima de Luxe manual wind.  The dial says "17 Jewels Lever", and "Shock Resistant", and between the lugs is stamped "20 Microns".  The pop-off case back is plain, apart from "Stainless Steel Back".  The gold case has got general patina in line with a typical vintage watch.  The hands have lost most of their lume, but the dial looks in good shape apart from a mark between the 12 & 1.  The crystal (plastic I think) has got light surface scratches all over, but I'm a bit reluctant to try and polish it in case I do any damage.  I wound the watch this morning, and to my surprise it runs and has kept good time since then.  Size is quite small at approx 32mm diameter, and about 8mm thick.  Anyway, enough of my uneducated ramblings, here are a couple of pics:

20191220_13520520191220_135254

Obviously it's not my cuppa tea, but it's a lovely looking thing anyway.  Any additional information regarding approximate age etc would be welcome.

Next up, and a bit of a contrast to the Rytima, is a Casio Futurist Illuminator.  This one is in pretty good condition, with just a few light scratches on the crystal, and light desk diver marks on the clasp.  Not opened it up to fit a new battery yet, but I'm almost certain it will just fire up and work perfectly when I do.  Not sure if I will keep this, I quite like it but the bracelet is just a fraction too tight, and the watch itself is a bit smaller than my usual gigantic lumps :laughing2dw:

Anyway, here are a couple of pics:

20191220_135516

20191220_135538

And finally there were 4 small vintage ladies' watches, 2 quartz and I think the other 2 are mechanical.  Again, I've not opened any of these up to see what's inside yet, but from left to right we have: Philip Mercier quartz with mother of pearl face, Reflex quartz on a stretchy bracelet, Avia 17 Jewels Incabloc head only, and a Chaika that says Made in USSR at the bottom of the dial, fitted with an interesting bracelet that has a sliding micro adjustment mechanism on the clasp:

20191220_135623

I don't know if any of these would be of interest to any members on here?  If they are, let me know via PM, or just reply on the thread.

Cheers  :thumbsup:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Rytima de Luxe manual wind. 

I like that. It would go well with a certain members "old tat". :yes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

I like that. It would go well with a certain members "old tat". :yes:

If anyone wants it, it's up for grabs mate... :whistle:

PM sent to @PC-Magician regarding the Rytima de Luxe... :whistle:

So, the Rytima de Luxe has found a new home, and will be winging it's way to our magic PC man as soon as I can get it down to our local Post Office :yahoo:

5 hours ago, Davey P said:

and the watch itself is a bit smaller than my usual gigantic lumps

Sorry to hear about your gigantic lumps Davey, my mum used to rub butter on any lumps and bumps I ended up with when I fell off my bike or out of a tree. No need to thank me for the advice.

• Haha 1

i like the chaika nice bracelet my wife would like that bracelet she likes unusual things i think thats why she is with me 

10 hours ago, Ging said:

i like the chaika nice bracelet my wife would like that bracelet she likes unusual things i think thats why she is with me 

PM sent :thumbsup:

49 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I love the look of that Casio Illuminator...very unusual. 

It's yours if you want it matey :thumbs_up:

20 minutes ago, Davey P said:

...And the Casio Futurist Illuminator goes to.......... "drum roll please"......... @Roger the Dodger  :yahoo:

Also, the Chaika is going to @Ging  :thumbsup:

:rltrlt:

What a gent! This is what the forum is all about...never mind threads about it slowing down, as long as we have members like Davey, it'll always be a superb place to be and an example to other watch forums. Thanks, Davey. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

What a gent! This is what the forum is all about...never mind threads about it slowing down, as long as we have members like Davey, it'll always be a superb place to be and an example to other watch forums. Thanks, Davey. :thumbsup:

Blimey, that's embarrassing :blush:  But thanks for the kind words, obviously :thumbs_up:

• Like 1

a public thank you to davey for the chaika watch the wife loves it she can not see the hands very well but loves it as a bracelet ? she has tiny wrists and struggles to find jewellery that fits . she is chuffed to bits she says its a lot better than the xmas present i didnt get her thanks davey

40 minutes ago, Ging said:

a public thank you to davey for the chaika watch the wife loves it she can not see the hands very well but loves it as a bracelet ? she has tiny wrists and struggles to find jewellery that fits . she is chuffed to bits she says its a lot better than the xmas present i didnt get her thanks davey

Nice one mate, I'm glad she likes it.  I've got a few more smaller ladies' watches in my "miscellaneous" box that she might like, so I'll pop some in the post to you when I've had time to fit new batteries in them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Looking forward to seeing the Casio Illuminator when I return in just over a week's time. :thumbsup:

I hope it works when you put a battery in mate (it's a Casio, so I'm pretty sure it will be fine :yes:)

:rltrlt: