• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Igerswis

Sunday Modern (post 1990)

Blancpain today for a trip to hospital:

49fbb5a8aae65abb4f1ce94f5546fd49.jpeg

ae3e49da4eed37c35d30c1de6f1f73c9.jpeg

Dogs are glad to get rid of me for a few hours:

b1aaea58f2a8e2626df3bfb8044ee3e0.jpeg

The NHS is great in the UK in the sense that it’s free. But waiting times for most treatments is ridiculous. Going private is extremely costly.

In Thailand there is no free treatment and private hospitals do cost more than the government ones. However they are significantly cheaper than going private in the UK and there is literally no waiting time.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

20181202-101713.jpgThis one for me today...Hmnn.. its stopped raining,,,for a bit, the sun has just made a rare appearance too...happy days!

Edited by marley
  • Like 7

Blancpain today for a trip to hospital:

49fbb5a8aae65abb4f1ce94f5546fd49.jpeg

ae3e49da4eed37c35d30c1de6f1f73c9.jpeg

Dogs are glad to get rid of me for a few hours:

b1aaea58f2a8e2626df3bfb8044ee3e0.jpeg

The NHS is great in the UK in the sense that it’s free. But waiting times for most treatments is ridiculous. Going private is extremely costly.

In Thailand there is no free treatment and private hospitals do cost more than the government ones. However they are significantly cheaper than going private in the UK and there is literally no waiting time.

Interesting

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

About the NHS v over there that is...i shall keep that in mind

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nigelp said:

Interesting emoji5.pngemoji106.png

About the NHS v over there that is...i shall keep that in mind

Are you thinking of going over there?

The irony of going private over here is that it will be the same surgeon, in the same surgery, in the same hospital that you'd get on the NHS – just at a different time to suit you, but all booked at the inconvenience of hundreds of others who pay their taxes, but have no real wealth, so have no choice. That's free market capitalism for you!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, it'salivejim said:

The irony of going private over here is that it will be the same surgeon, in the same surgery, in the same hospital that you'd get on the NHS – just at a different time to suit you, but all booked at the inconvenience of hundreds of others who pay their taxes, but have no real wealth, so have no choice. That's free market capitalism for you!

I see no irony, its logical. Having just spent the last 3 days in the system I can confidentially say that the reality is that the private and public sector actually prop each other up. Take Maxiofacial surgery ( our recent experience ) , without the private patients, the NHS patients would have no where near the service they currently get because of the cross over of facilities and personnel. The private sector is not always driven by "capitalist choice" but often by accidental corporate health plans as part of T&Cs of employment. My daughter was treated by the NHS and I for one am thankful the private sector surgeon also works for the NHS and I only saw win-wins. The one thing that was crystal clear though is that the NHS wastes money hand over fist at every opportunity by obsolete management and use of macro resources.