• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
RdBwatches

RdB Flottante: between imagination and reality

Good evening gentlemen.

Maybe some of you will recall our Italian microbrand RdB Watches (RdB).

i here below show you our last piece, the Flottante. Hope to have chosen the correct section for the thread, otherwise please move it to the correct place.

thanks in advance and season’s greetings!

FORTIS IMMAGINATIO GENERAT CASUM.

After a year and a half of development, we are truly proud to submit the result of a very tortuous path, which has led us to change our beliefs several times and to reformulate in a totally different way what once seemed certainties.

It was an evocative journey, never having "wasted time" in renderings and drawings has perhaps fueled an aura of mystery that today finally melts, showing a result that even at our eyes takes time to be metabolized and fully understood.

We are curious to know what effect it has instead on those who perhaps observe it without knowing its genesis (visible here in the main Italian watch forum: https://orologi.forumfree.it/?t=75949117 

We are also aware of the fact that someone can turn up their noses in front of a tool watch light years away from traditional watchmaking (but also from watchmaking in general).

We are convinced that our "stay foolish" is noticeable in this 100% made in Brianza product. The visionary Brianza of Lake Como to which the Floating project from the beginning wishes to pay homage.

We dare to hope that he will be able to light the hearts of those who walk on a ledge with a smile on their face every day, instead of continually seeking reassuring confirmations in life: the Flottante is dedicated to all of them.

Below, the specifications of this first "zero spec".

FLOTTANTE ref. FLO-000 "FORTIS IMMAGINATIO"

5-F4-B715-E-AAC5-4-BD5-9-F4-B-5-C2820-D5

CASE

Made in 10 parts, each obtained from the whole piece of material:

External case (titanium 6AL-4V, hand polished and burnished by forging)
Internal case (6AL-4V titanium, blasted finish)
Bezel (6AL-4V titanium, blasted finish)
Bidirectional dodecagonal bezel made in two mirror parts, with raised indexes (Ergal 7075, cold plated)
Back with engravings (Ergal 7075, cold plated)
Right bend, penetrating the external case (Ergal 7075, cold plated)
Left lower bend penetrating the external case (Ergal 7075, cold plated)
Upper left wing penetrating the external case (Ergal 7075, cold plated)
Hexagonal winding crown (titanium 6AL-4V,  blasted finish)

DIMENSIONS

Diameter: 44 mm
Height: 16.8 mm
Lug to Lug: 51 mm
Weight: 60 g (valued)
band size: 22 mm

CALIBER

Automatic, Swiss made ETA NOS
Modified in house to be housed in the watch body
28800 vibrations / h,
21 jewels

GLASS

Mineral glass made by machine tool, 3 mm thick with artisan print on the underside of 12 indexes filled with white luminescent material.

WATCH FACE

Absent, "Fortis Immaginatio" aesthetic composed of handcrafted movement holder (6AL-4V titanium, hand polished and burnished by forging) with partial frontal exhibition on internal case, caliber and floating complication.

6-D41-E1-CE-4384-460-C-A099-6-CE66418246

HANDS

Sports type yellow / black, large size.

WATER RESISTANCE '

Tested over 30 bars (300 meters).

FLOATING

Floating complication, inserted in the case

STRAP

Handmade product based on cork covered with blue nautical rubber with yellow perimeter seams, ultralight, handmade in Italy specifically for the model

BUCKLE

Handcrafted product in titanium alloy, blasted finish, made in Italy specifically for the model

Thanks for your impressions and best wishes for a Happy Christmas and for a visionary 2020.

E7-B25-B51-2-A73-4660-8300-7001-D1-D6-ED

Edited by RdBwatches
  • Like 1

Wow - you have moved on! 

It's very different, that's for sure. I just feel it needs refining as is seems a bit crude in some respects. I think it would benefit from scaling down.

Not for me, but good luck

Edited by Caller.

I quite like that - well done :thumbsup:

However, the one thing that concerns me is the use of Mineral Glass, it's nowhere as scratch resistant as Sapphire, and nowhere as easy to polish a scratch out as acrylic.

Also, I should mention the 'link' to the website you gave in your post no longer appears to work.

When are you planning to launch this on Kickstarter?

Edited by KAS118