• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
152bobby

What's Santa brought/bringing you Watch wise ?

I was talking to my wife about, how someone's wife could buy a watch for their husband, as for me, it's a personal thing and I have strict criteria, so my wife leaves it totally up to me and I just buy it and she will see it on the bank statement.  Don't get me wrong, I do inform her that I'm looking for a new watch and it's never a total surprise.

I was out shopping the other day and looking (as I always do) in the high street watch shop windows.

There was a guy standing there with his wife looking at the watches...as soon as he said " do you see how the light highlights that watch face at different angles" he looked round and she was gone !!

So funny.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No.1 mistake right there...you have an account where she can see what you spend? Get real, man...joint accounts are a thing of the past in today's litigious scenario. I've always refused to have a joint account after my first wife emptied it when she took off. These days, my 2nd wife (and love of my life for 25 years) and I have separate accounts, and neither is beholden to the other for the use of the funds within them. All household bills are split equally...what I do with the remainder is my buisness, not hers and vice versa.

• Like 2

My wife knows better as to what my taste in watches is than I do. If I paid heed, the I'd have three watches (and 45 motorcycles).

1 hour ago, Jonesinamillion said:

Chuff all (apart from the secret santa) BUT I have a feeling I'm going to get drunk and "look at" the CW Sellers / Jura sale again this evening :wacko:

Sorry, that's my fault. Just make sure you pick one you really want and not one on a drunken impulse. :whistle::laughing2dw: