• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

WRUW - Boxing Day

Cassie-O

Season’s Greetings to all.

Today, this original 1960s PRIM. Made in the erstwhile Czechoslovakia and is the only vintage brand I’m aware of from that country. It was produced by the State-owned Elton (yes, really) Company, formerly Chronotechna, which has a complicated and sometimes fractious backstory.

Today’s effort is driven by the 17j Prim cal. 68 and whilst Elton’s modern incarnations of the brand can be had in exchange for lots of money, this oldie, complete with its rather grubby little face, was liberated some years ago from the murky depths of a Central European flea market for not very much at all.

Regards.

Prim chrome 2018 2 v.2.jpg

Prim chrome Prim 68 v.2.jpg

• Like 10

20 hours ago, Pete wilding said:

You have a  lovely collection

To be fair, Pete, my little collection is inspired by TWF. When I joined a few years ago I had my dad's 1966 Omega and my Tissot quartz chronograph, so I'm grateful to everyone on TWF who has encouraged me to expand my small collection. 

The wife is gunning for you all, mind :laughing2dw:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Cassie-O said:

Sir David would be a brilliant Bond, and don't say he would be better as a villain.  :evil9kf::tongue:

Ernst Stavro Delboy doesn't quite have the same villainous ring to it, somehow...

...and I can't imagine Del introducing himself to a gorgeous femme fatale as 'The name's Trotter...Del Trotter...a Pina Colada and Drambuie, shaken, not strirred'...

:laughing2dw::laughing2dw:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Ernst Stavro Delboy doesn't quite have the same villainous ring to it, somehow...

...and I can't imagine Del introducing himself to a gorgeous femme fatale as 'The name's Trotter...Del Trotter...a Pina Colada and Drambuie, shaken, not strirred'...

:laughing2dw::laughing2dw:

I wouldn't mind.  :whistle: