• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
martinzx

Ebay advice please

Greetings all,

I bought a watch BIN on Ebay paid instantly via PayPal. I have heard nothing from the seller, but when I click on the sales link it says out of stock and not sold? It is a vintage watch?
Maybe It could be sellers regret? I dont know? How do I move forward? Open up a dispute?

Any advice welcome.
Cheers Martin :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, martinzx said:

Greetings all,

I bought a watch BIN on Ebay paid instantly via PayPal. I have heard nothing from the seller, but when I click on the sales link it says out of stock and not sold? It is a vintage watch?
Maybe It could be sellers regret? I dont know? How do I move forward? Open up a dispute?

Any advice welcome.
Cheers Martin :thumbsup:

Have you tried contacting the seller ?

Personally I wouldn't mess around, if you don't hear anything, open a dispute. I did under Identical circumstances, the seller didn't like it, but I got what I'd bought (eventually). Good luck. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

I think I have seen the "Out of stock" message myself, I think it may be related to the way the listing was formulated.

Some sellers are just, well... rubbish at communication. Have you tried writing to the seller? That may prompt them to tell you what's going on.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Make sure all your contacts with the seller are through eBay making a paper trail. Be polite but formal, then after 10 days open a dispute......if you paid by paypal they are more helpful than ebay in such situations but I think try ebay first

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

did paypal take your money?  it could be that someone beat you to it my milliseconds

I bid online for a old car magazine for my father in law, at the same time other people did.  I thought I bid £10, but they just pipped me and I bid £30!  I never wanted to loose an auction as much (I didn't...)

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, wr!ghty200 said:

When did you pay for it? Seller might be away as its the xmas holidays? Has seller got good feedback?

I paid straight away. The seller has 99% feedback. 

Thanks 

36 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Have you tried contacting the seller ?

Personally I wouldn't mess around, if you don't hear anything, open a dispute. I did under Identical circumstances, the seller didn't like it, but I got what I'd bought (eventually). Good luck. :thumbsup:

I hear you, I just want to establish the facts first . I have not come across this before. 

Thanks 

37 minutes ago, Boots said:

I think I have seen the "Out of stock" message myself, I think it may be related to the way the listing was formulated.

Some sellers are just, well... rubbish at communication. Have you tried writing to the seller? That may prompt them to tell you what's going on.

Good luck!

Not yet, I just wanted to get some advice first. If it is poor listing skills, I or if he has pulled it. 

Thanks 

21 minutes ago, bridgeman said:

Make sure all your contacts with the seller are through eBay making a paper trail. Be polite but formal, then after 10 days open a dispute......if you paid by paypal they are more helpful than ebay in such situations but I think try ebay first

Will do thanks. 

20 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

did paypal take your money?  it could be that someone beat you to it my milliseconds

I bid online for a old car magazine for my father in law, at the same time other people did.  I thought I bid £10, but they just pipped me and I bid £30!  I never wanted to loose an auction as much (I didn't...)

It was a bin it was accepted by eBay and PayPal I have the confirmation email. 

Thanks 

You won't be able to open a dispute yet I don't think.

Given the Bank Holidays, I would think it reasonable that the seller would not respond recently but unless the seller has tagged his shop setting as "seller away" then I would expect a communication today.

• Thanks 1

It all turned out well the watch is on the way to Blighty and good communications from the seller with tracking info.
Thanks again for the replies!
Cheers Martin :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, martinzx said:

It all turned out well the watch is on the way to Blighty and good communications from the seller with tracking info.
Thanks again for the replies!

Excellent news Martin , glad it all worked out in the end :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

A final update, all worked out well, the watch landed safe and sound this morning.

• Like 1

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 03:12, bridgeman said:

ebay, amazon and others  what a hell of a way to go shoping  !    vin

• Confused 2