• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Best budget diver?

maes

Hello all,

I am looking for an affordable diver watch, around 180 euros.

My wrist is quite small, so preferably 38mm.

I was looking at the Invicta Pro Diver, but I dont know if people would look at me like the "Guy with the cheap submariner"

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I'm in America, so I'll make sure to check out my local stores as well as other websites.

Is there a 38mm version of the Seiko Ray or Mako II? I can't find it.

Looked at the Scurfa watches, a little bit off price for me. 

I'm a student, so budget is a thing to me.

Thanks for your suggestion, I appreciate it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, maes said:

YES!

I saw a Vostok watch that was very nice, but I can't find it, I don't know if it is a custom or what, I'll look for the photo and post here.

This one.

That's a custom bezel but the rest of the watch can be bought from Meranom.com . The model above is quite large (41mm) but the 420 Amphibias are only 39mm. The standard bracelets are beyond awful so buy it on rubber/leather.

I'm impressed with the Vostok watches, I checked out the 420 series and they look good. Where can I buy the custom bezel, and most importantly, is it hard to install?

Is the movement reliable? I don't know much about them.

I really like the metal bracelet, and for 52 euros I can go to my local watchmaker and get a good metal bracelet.

1 hour ago, maes said:

I'm in America, so I'll make sure to check out my local stores as well as other websites.

Is there a 38mm version of the Seiko Ray or Mako II? I can't find it.

Looked at the Scurfa watches, a little bit off price for me. 

I'm a student, so budget is a thing to me.

Thanks for your suggestion, I appreciate it.

www.Jomashop.com usually have good deals and it's your side of the Atlantic. :)

• Like 2

I searched for the Divex watches, but I think 500m is a bit overkill for me, I'm not looking for a serious diving watch, just something that I don't need to worry about going into the sea or the pool with.

I looked for Glycine too, and it was a bit over my budget.

About the Citizen excalibur, I haven't found it, do you have a link that I can use?

Thanks for your suggestions, kind strangers. I REALLY appreciate it!

• Like 1

skx007 or the pepsi 

20 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

How much does a 500m Divex cost these day. This was forty quid and one battery in the time I've had it, never missed a beat. If you don't like the rubber strap a decent quality steel bracelet isn't all that expensive. 

2019-12-25_10-09-31

good call actually one of the few dive watches that are sold by proper dive outlets rather than watch shop 

along with the cresi is it? use seiko movements dont they?

bargains...i paid more than that for an original accordian style dive strap off uncle seiko for my 1978 Turtle which i would trust as much to go diving in as i would trust a 1974 jensen interceptor to take me round europe. 

:laugh:

Hope these reviews give you a taster, there are slightly different variations on this model, the one i own for example has an all black bezel, and the emblem above the 6`o clock is white not red, slight deviations will be prevalent on some others too but the basic model/build is the same....oh and its eco drive too, no winding and no battery changes!

Edited by sabailand

2 hours ago, maes said:

Jomashop sale is on mate. Orient Mako II for $135 is an utter bargain: https://www.jomashop.com/orient-watch-faa02001b9.html

Loads of other Orient and Citizen divers for sale at bargain prices right now. Ashford.com is also worth keeping an eye on. I've used both when I've been over your side of the Atlantic.

• Like 2