• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Vintage omega 14k gold watch

Bambino

1 hour ago, scottswatches said:

it's a ladies Omega from the 1960s at a guess.  Deeply unfashionable and difficult to to sell style, so it is worth a small premium over the gold price per gram but not a big premium.  The good news is that gold prices are high.

Are we talking like 200 dollars maybe?

9 hours ago, Bambino said:

Are we talking like 200 dollars maybe?

You need to weigh it , as Scott says it’s not really worth much more than it’s weight in gold   If you do weigh it as is don’t forget to take off a bit for the movement and crystal   You can find current gold prices readily on the net 

• Like 1

I do hope that your Omega will not end up in the gold-scrap bin, dear Bambino. From the photo, it would seem that the watch is in very clean order and, like Scott, I would date it to the 1960s. The higher the scrap value of gold goes, the more vintage gold watches will vanish into the melting pot and the more difficult it becomes to hold on to a complete history of watches.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Always"watching" said:

I do hope that your Omega will not end up in the gold-scrap bin, dear Bambino. From the photo, it would seem that the watch is in very clean order and, like Scott, I would date it to the 1960s. The higher the scrap value of gold goes, the more vintage gold watches will vanish into the melting pot and the more difficult it becomes to hold on to a complete history of watches.

I agree it would be sad but i have no use for it. And as scott said its hard to sell. I would rather get 800 dollars if im perfectly honest, i think thats what the watch is worth in gold.