• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Broncos Fan

Sturmanskie Sputnik S VD78/6811421

Hi, new member so go easy if these are stupid questions!

I really love the design of some of their watches and have come to the hobby from the Space angle so their story also interests me. 

I like the Gagarin commemorative watch both on design and history grounds so will be a possible 2020 purchase. 

My main question is about the Sturmanskie Sputnik S VD78/6811421. It features a small dial showing Sputnik above the 6. Does this dial rotate or do anything, eg similar moonphase dial or is it just ornimentation?

Happy hearing comments on both watches

The entire sub-dial rotates 360 degrees every minute - it's just a replacement for a second hand.

Edited by Lampoc
  • Thanks 1

On 31/12/2019 at 11:24, Lampoc said:

The entire sub-dial rotates 360 degrees every minute - it's just a replacement for a second hand.

Thanks Lampoc, I do love it as a well conceived relevant design feature. I've found some photographs now showing the dial various positions. 

On 30/12/2019 at 22:37, vinn said:

welcome to the forum.  are you going to collect and repair?  vin 

Hi Vin, I would nt at first repair muself so looking at new watches, or, budget price dependant, vintage used in gwo

• Like 1