• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been a busy few weeks particularly playing host to extended family over Christmas  However this gave me the opportunity to pass the begging bowel round to fund my next timepiece, which I hoped (at

A pair of slip joint or water pump pliers might help if you can't obtain the correct tool...though looking at the case back more closely, even the correctly sized socket might fit...though I'd only tr

Congratulations on your new watch, how do you find wearing it?  I saw this one in Geneva a while back as I always wanted on but on trying it found it to be a bit oddly shaped for me, it just appeared

Congratulations on your new watch, how do you find wearing it?  I saw this one in Geneva a while back as I always wanted on but on trying it found it to be a bit oddly shaped for me, it just appeared a little "wide"  Lovely watch just a shame it wasnt for me.  Sounds like you got a good price too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, ZenArcade said:

Congratulations on your new watch, how do you find wearing it?  I saw this one in Geneva a while back as I always wanted on 

Thank you!

It’s early days but finding it very comfortable, particularly like the fully brushed case.  Will probably fit the bracelet In the next couple of days, also fully brushed.

Similarly, I had the opportunity of first trying one on at Omega, Bienne, when I visited last year.

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Karrusel said:

Been a busy few weeks particularly playing host to extended family over Christmas :whistle:

However this gave me the opportunity to pass the begging bowel round to fund my next timepiece, which I hoped (at the time) would be a C60 APEX available at a suitable discount in potential/imminent sale ?

But, this happened to cross my tracks first (pun intended) & after a couple of email exchanges a price was agreed. :biggrin:

2018 Omega Seamaster AT RAILMASTER.

Cal: Co-Axial 8806, 35 jewel, 15,000 Gauss.

Width 40mm, Length 46mm, Lug width 20mm, Height 12mm.

0GvRU18.jpg

4nehvGI.jpg

Supplied with unused bracelet & additional new strap...

hSKqZlJ.jpg

PKYS3wB.jpg

Case back is secured by Omega's "Naiad Lock"  system (patent pending), this allows case back to be screwed on & centered every time.

Z8tbBn0.jpg

The dial is brushed & gives two very distinct appearances depending on the angle viewed...

tPCc0GM.jpg

HqXUoXu.jpg

On the wrist...

w2hMt1Z.jpg

So far I'm delighted with my choice. :thumbs_up:

Thanks for looking :thumbsup: 

Lovely Watch and as an Omega fan you have my full approval.

Well done Alan.

Hope CW have a sale.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Daveyboyz said:

Grats,  it looks super! 

How does that naiad lock system actually work? 

Thank you!

Not fully conversant with the technical details yet (patent pending) ?

Possibly some type of cam lock system ?

38 minutes ago, deano1956 said:

very nice alan, as much as the CW  is good, its not quite in the same class as this , nice to have the full set & options on straps / bracelet ( I would have it on the bracelet too) N joy sir

deano

Thanks Deano :thumbsup:

Having handled the CW APEX on a couple of occasions (plus already owning an SH21) I must be honest...it’s a close call, IMHO.

:whistle:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Have you had the back off yet, Alan?

Annoyingly no :(

Whilst pieces are still under warranty I’m reluctant to peek under the hood (hope there’s not a battery under there?) :biggrin:

When viewing, acquiring used/vintage pieces at auctions, fairs, dealers, the first thing I do is get the back off (after gaining consent).  It’s all part of the learning, journey, for me!

2 hours ago, wr!ghty200 said:

Very nice and congratulations. I’d play host to extended family every year if it means I get a watch like that everytime!

Thank you.

Considering what it cost to house, feed, water, entertain, I reckon they got off quite lightly...again! :laugh:

Seriously though, a large portion of my collection consists of mainly unsolicited gifts from family members, manufacturers, colleagues, friends (some from this parish), which means so much more!!

You simply cannot buy that empathy & consideration...to those again, thank you!

Thanks for the kind comments.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Have you had the back off yet, Alan?

A pair of slip joint or water pump pliers might help if you can't obtain the correct tool...though looking at the case back more closely, even the correctly sized socket might fit...though I'd only trust Facom, or at a pinch, Snap-On...:thumbsup:

You're welcome!

ken5588920k.jpg

:tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2