• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
chocko

Friday 3rd Jan 2020 Watch

I'm warming to this oddity. Despite it's numerous failings, I admire the way it makes no concessions at all to good taste. It's another Allenby watch, which I believe was made by the Allaine Watch company under licence in the 1970s. Having acquired three examples, the brand was clearly aimed at the very bottom of the market for mechanical watches. The case feels like plastic and the numerals are on the underside of the crystal. It boasts a Desa 221 movement, which I hadn't come across before. And, of course, it's "tropicalized", "diamond tooled" and "radar tested". :thumbs_up:

2020-01-03_01-37-00

2020-01-02_06-58-48

Edited by spinynorman
  • Like 16

New in yesterday and quite fitting as it’s Friday:

0a35ff32b1f5b844c6940905e0e046ae.jpeg

This has the updated Miyota movement which has the hacking seconds unlike the original.

AD gave a good deal and was prepared to swap the stock leather strap for this vintage looking one instead. Suits the case and dial colour much more than black leather.

Bracelet was also thrown in free and one of my favourite. Nice shade of red on the chord and it’s more hard wearing than leather or rubber.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Igerswis said:

New in yesterday and quite fitting as it’s Friday:

0a35ff32b1f5b844c6940905e0e046ae.jpeg

This has the updated Miyota movement which has the hacking seconds unlike the original.

AD gave a good deal and was prepared to swap the stock leather strap for this vintage looking one instead. Suits the case and dial colour much more than black leather.

Bracelet was also thrown in free and one of my favourite. Nice shade of red on the chord and it’s more hard wearing than leather or rubber.

cool

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, marley said:

This one for me today.

Its my 60th Birthday today...so I "treated"! myself to this lovely Momaco...

I saw one online, it had some money off, in a sale.....so I thought bugger it..lets buy it! 

20200102-150909.jpg

Why not, it’s a widely appreciated  (iconic) timepiece.

Happy Birthday Sir :clap:

Lovely story about the strap BTW!

Enjoy in good health.

:thumbsup:

• Like 6

Morning,

Will be going with this Ingersoll today, probably from around 1970 and driven by a French-made Cattin C66.

Regards.

Ingersoll g.p. 3 v.2.jpg

Ingersoll Gp      Cattin C66 v.2.jpg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, marley said:

This one for me today.

Its my 60th Birthday today...so I "treated"! myself to this lovely Monaco...I did have one a year or so ago...but flipped it...for what? I cant remember! 

20200102-150301.jpg

Congratulations & Happy 60th !! and what a way to celebrate! A great iconic watch indeed!! Wear it in great health!!
Cheers Martin

• Like 5

1 hour ago, marley said:

This one for me today.

Its my 60th Birthday today...so I "treated"! myself to this lovely Momaco...I did have one a year or so ago...but flipped it...for what? I cant remember!  

I loved the watch..it came with a lovely leather strap too...I sold it (on another forum)...to a member there...I asked him a few weeks ago...if hed like to sell it back to me! He said he had sold it on...He asked the guy he sold it too...if he would like to sell it back to me..but..alas! he didnt want to ..as he loved the watch!! ...

A week or so later...I saw one online, it had some money off, in a sale.....so I thought bugger it..lets buy it!  Which I did..! It arrived yesterday ..A lovely bonus was...a couple of days ago..I received the "strap"! which Id sold , as part of the packeage...the guy I sold it too, realised Id loved the strap..so he sent it to me...free!! I was over the moon! 

SO  ! These photos  were taken yesterday...sorry for photo quality...but its rubbish weather here again today!  

Also sorry for my "rambling"!

20200102-150909.jpg

20200102-150904.jpg

20200102-150301.jpg

The strap, is soooooooooo! comfy...its meant to look "cracked"! by the way...I prefer buckles to deployants too..

Im "normally" a bracelet guy....I did have the proper bracelet for my previous Monaco..but I always wore it on a leather..It looks way better (I.M.H.O.of course) on a strap!

That’s a real beauty,happy birthday.

Changed to a Sinn strap for now.

387A665E-1451-4409-A843-BAA755FA304E.jpeg

• Like 9