• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

3 hours ago, Highland Laddie said:

Bought my 1st CW last week! :laughing2dw: 

I becomes a habit I have 15 of them, great Watches.

• Like 2

Great watches that in my humble opinion could be greater in terms of reach out to the masses.

If I were the Big Cheese at CW I would :

A. Stop the sales-driven marketing.

B. Settle on one or maybe two logos for the watches and keep to it.

C. signs an exclusive agreement with a major high street retailer to get them out there.

D. roll out more simple SS designs to offer something for utility/sports watch buyers.

I have tried on precisely three CW watches and all were of the highest quality. Minor aesthetics drove me away from actually purchasing ... but that said my admiration for the brand and what it delivers is solid.

Thats what I love about this hobby really .... to be excluded from ownership but included in owning an allegiance and/or valid opinion etc etc..

Its a brand I want to succeed because in this day and age I feel it offers something nuanced and fresh for many watch enthusiasts.

• Like 2

Alot of bang for your buck!. I don't agree necessary with the mass flooding into the market place through the high st, as this would lose some of the brand value but that's just my opinion.

My little bro has the original logo Trident pro blue face very solid watch definitely up there with the likes of Tag, Oris, Rado for almost half the asking price. No brainer.

Hope they don't put France on the dial , brexit n all that  .Just sayin like . :tongue:

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, mcb2007 said:

Hope they don't put France on the dial , brexit n all that  .Just sayin like . :tongue:

I was waiting for you to say something like that, well done Rob.:laugh:

• Thanks 1

I was hoping to pick up something in their clearance but apparently they pretty much sold as soon as they went online. 

They are obviously quality but there’s just something holding me back. The Tridents are nice but just aren’t quite doing it for me. The one I really like is the Green C3 Grand Tourer but £400 for a Quartz is little higher than I would want  to go. 

2 hours ago, Nick67+1 said:

I was hoping to pick up something in their clearance but apparently they pretty much sold as soon as they went online. 

They are obviously quality but there’s just something holding me back. The Tridents are nice but just aren’t quite doing it for me. The one I really like is the Green C3 Grand Tourer but £400 for a Quartz is little higher than I would want  to go. 

Wait for the sale.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PC-Magician said:

I becomes a habit I have 15 of them, great Watches.

I went for the C60 Trident Pro 600 with blue face and strap and absolutely love it... I also very much like the look of the Moonglow.. Maybe a treat for next Christmas :biggrin:

• Like 1

Moonglow looks great except for the CW logo and automatic/calibre text which spoils the whole bloody thing. It was a poor design choice on what is otherwise a very handsome watch. Ruins the subtlety of it

• Like 2

7 hours ago, YouCantHaveTooManyWatches said:

Quite sad really, but life goes on. It will be interesting to see how the brand moves forward....

I wouldn't expect too much to change. CW was always a minor player compared to the other two partners and Mike France took 0ver as head honcho and has driven it forward. CW only had a 5% share of the new anglo-swiss company, 

Handled my first one the other day - red bezel diver - noticed the bracelet first - 'bang for buck' did get quoted lol (not by me, obvs!)

I'm not a fan of the second hand, but the fit and finish was excellent.

I'll be popping in TKMaxx regularly for a bit now.

1 hour ago, Caller. said:

I wouldn't expect too much to change. CW was always a minor player compared to the other two partners and Mike France took 0ver as head honcho and has driven it forward. CW only had a 5% share of the new anglo-swiss company, 

Well that answers my question.

9 hours ago, YouCantHaveTooManyWatches said:

It will be interesting to see how the brand moves forward....

Expensively if the full page adds at the front few pages of the glossy Motoring & Mens mags are anything to go by. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BondandBigM said:

Expensively if the full page adds at the front few pages of the glossy Motoring & Mens mags are anything to go by. 

and the free top gear calendar a few years back with them on every page saying how bril they are. 

4 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

There is only so much squeeze with online watches in my view .... if they go too high for their fairly basic watches then they may come a cropper ....

:yes:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

and the free top gear calendar a few years back with them on every page saying how bril they are. 

Yep I happened to leaf through this months TG magazine while I was waited for Big M in the Morrisons and they had another full page advert near the front. 

• Like 1

I did see someone mention a homage to a CW a week or so ago on here, so perhaps at that point perhaps he thought 'job done' :biggrin:

25 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

There is only so much squeeze with online watches in my view .... if they go too high for their fairly basic watches then they may come a cropper ....

:yes:

I'm sure the watches are OK, personally I've never seen any that float my boat but that's just me. Their business model though isn't that clever with what seems like permanent sales surely nobody buys them at full price. 

Kind of smacks of that Sport Direct Ashley bloke, even his higher end shops have the high RRP but to you Sir.......

Seems at odds with a company that's trying to mix it with the bigger boys but hey ho what do I know

:biggrin:

24 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Yep I happened to leaf through this months TG magazine while I was waited for Big M in the Morrisons and they had another full page advert near the front. 

good bog time reading mate.