• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Graham60

Sunday Juniors (Post-1990) WRUW

G Shock MR-G today:

5791719a4945aa82a6d1996c77986b78.jpeg

Ordinarily wouldn’t drop £2,800 on a G Shock but I picked this up with a 50% discount (from G Shock AD in Thailand, not grey import). Didn’t think Casio could pull off something in a similar price bracket to Longines, Oris, Tag Heuer etc but they certainly did the trick with this.

If anyone didn’t know, the titanium case is manufactured by Seiko and they also apply the PVD coating to it. This is one of the reason the price jumps quite steeply from the MT-G range apart from the materials used.

• Like 12

Wearing a new arrival today . A Kemmner California automatic :thumbs_up:

cqj2HMGl.jpg

Edited by Tazmo61
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good morning,  Phoibos wavemaster, not had an airing for a while..

nV3cX5Y.jpg

57 minutes ago, Graham60 said:

Morning :)

After Seiko Saturday it's Seiko Sunday, Seiko SARB033 (Cal: 6R15).

Seiko SARB033 (Cal 6R15)

I want this watch, still see a few about but pricey. Lovely thing..

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, Tazmo61 said:

Wearing a new arrival today . A Kemmner California automatic :thumbs_up:

cqj2HMGl.jpg

I have been browsing California dials, so close to snagging a Glycine a couple of times.  That is looking very good, I like the colour matched date wheel too.

Took this earlier just before the date clicked over.

IMG_20200105_000613673(1).thumb.jpg.0946c21288383d3a864cb109445d81b1.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Same as yesterday ,I'm becoming a one watch man .
040ca55651b04659a752cf75bc5b90c2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

I have been browsing California dials, so close to snagging a Glycine a couple of times.  That is looking very good, I like the colour matched date wheel too.

Thanks , JJ :thumbsup: I wanted a watch that was highly legible (my eyesight is not has good has it once was ) something I could just quickly glance at and tell the time easily . This watch fit the bill perfectly . Kemmner are fantastic value for money IMO ,and I am very pleased with it . :biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Autonomous said:

I want this watch, still see a few about but pricey. Lovely thing..

And a great size for my smaller wrists at 38mm.

Still some on ebay (new) from £355, shopping in Japan are approx £311 but then duty on that though.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Graham60 said:

And a great size for my smaller wrists at 38mm.

Still some on ebay (new) from £355, shopping in Japan are approx £311 but then duty on that though.

Yeah I think they have come down to nearer rrp now,after the initial panic boost.  I got mine mint used for less than rrp. I don't plan on flipping it at any stage. Been nice to have ar coated sapphire and a better bracelet, but it's just a joy of a watch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Igerswis said:

G Shock MR-G today:

5791719a4945aa82a6d1996c77986b78.jpeg

Ordinarily wouldn’t drop £2,800 on a G Shock but I picked this up with a 50% discount (from G Shock AD in Thailand, not grey import). Didn’t think Casio could pull off something in a similar price bracket to Longines, Oris, Tag Heuer etc but they certainly did the trick with this.

If anyone didn’t know, the titanium case is manufactured by Seiko and they also apply the PVD coating to it. This is one of the reason the price jumps quite steeply from the MT-G range apart from the materials used.

Casio make watches that feel really well made i had an eqb500 went straight from it to a longines HC. The casio was 400 quid the longines 800. The casio felt just as good and tough as old boots. 

• Like 3

Casio make watches that feel really well made i had an eqb500 went straight from it to a longines HC. The casio was 400 quid the longines 800. The casio felt just as good and tough as old boots. 

Yes some of the high end models are really surprising. They look relatively plain in photos but when you handle one for a length of time you pick up on the nuances that differentiate the model to the cheaper variants.

I still wouldn’t pay RRP for one as that puts it in the firing line of the other big players and as an only watch you’d forever be defending your decision to purchase a pricey G Shock as opposed to one of the Swiss brands. But in a collection they certainly have a place especially with a discount.
  • Like 1

Zürich. 39.8mm steel. Nomos Epsilon automatic movement.

KWkrbjZ.jpg

• Like 8

Settling down for a sunday evening movie with my trusty Speedmaster Date which I have owned since around 2007.

Many have come and gone over the years but this has always remained my favourite watch that i would never part with.55cd0d383dd40640a4b82875a4a3e953.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 3