• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Igerswis

WRUW - Wednesday 8th January 2020 (quartz theme)

As per@scottswatches let’s make Wednesdays into #quartzwednesday.

I’m away for a few days again; taking these three high end G Shocks with me for daytime wear (Matt black square on my wrist now):

bbe60b34058ecd4fca44e44a6822426c.jpeg

When I say high end G Shocks I’m referring to the £1k+ price bracket. Are they worth it? Only time will tell but previous trends with limited edition G Shocks and the popularity of these are making it likely they will also increase in value.

The squares are pvd coated titanium and the MTG on top is IP coated s/steel. All three have sapphire crystal. The plain square has a smooth matt pvd coating with polished bezel. The camouflage square has a gloss bezel with Matt bracelet and the printing is done in pvd which you can feel with your nail. The MTG has a gloss finish and has a slightly grainy feel to it but it’s not as rough as the camouflage square.

I wasn’t keen on the camouflage theme when the initial photos were released but after seeing more and more photos I took the plunge. The metal squares are some of my favourite G Shocks so I new they were going to feel great. But once in my hand I was genuinely surprised with the MTG as although I like the model range, I’m not wowed by them (apart from the LE’s).

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Igerswis

New in, this circa 2015 e one Bradley

Bradley

The outer ball does the hours, and the inner one the minutes.  The ball bearings can be used by touch for the blind, and are moved via magnets.  If you knock the ball bearing off the magnet it is fun to watch them spin round and then reattach to the magnet at the right time

• Like 11

Breitling emergency mission 

used as a emergency sos beacon , the large crown on the right hand side at the bottom is unscrewed and pulled out and then pulled out further to activate a beacon alert on 121.5mhz ,

these are registered to you and you only need to pull it out as a emergency as their is a hefty fine 

quartz module so a great pick up and go watch but is pretty large 

image.thumb.jpg.ff73eb7fd54a7a507ff40f8e18cb5f89.jpg

• Like 12

Luch calendar quartz.

large.15576483186046407733977017626305.jpg.59c0aab503cf993a88545f1b505ad8cd.jpg

Edited by WRENCH
  • Like 10

Sorry no can do im nil by quartz...isnt it funny eh? How a lot of seikos best watches in their current line up are all 1970s reissues or takes on 70s styling. A golden age for seikos more individual and now coveted designs maybe. You decide...bobby d from 74 while i wait for a 70s UFO diver sport to join in.... lets face it this looks more like an important piece of nuclear power station on the wrist than a mere watch... wouldnt it be great if they would reissue this or the pogue or the jumbo or the....

1578474337330-525836254.jpg

1578474362625-2118074535.jpg

Edited by Nigelp
  • Like 8

Recent incoming Casio Edifice for me today:

20191205_115436

After buying this one I reckon it's time for a shake up in the collection.  I've got far too many watches that are similar to each other, so unless I suddenly decide to start going "double wristed" (and that's not very likely :whistling:) it seems a bit pointless.  Today's Casio is similar to my blue Seiko chrono, but given the choice between them I nearly always go for the Casio.  Same with my TW Steel collection, there are pairs of watches that are the same model but in different colours, so it would make more sense to have only one of each.  Anyone else out there feeling the same?

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

Morning,

Sorry guys, I’m afraid I’m struggling with quartz so, for what it’s worth, this 1950s Cimex with its 15j Cupillard (FE) 233-60 is wearing me today.

Almost certainly French-made, and also bought from France, but other than finding some online images of this brand with various movements including Landeron and Jeambrun, I haven’t found anything about the makers. However, it’s unlikely to have been by either of the two recorded registrants of a Cimex brand, namely Cimex SARL of Bucharest or Artax of Switzerland.

Mods, please feel free to dump this post if it’s unsuitable for today’s WRUW thread.

Regards.

Cimex 2019 v.2.jpg

Cimex Cupillard 233-60 2019 v.2.jpg

• Like 13

Time for the birds...

BOBO BIRD, WOODEN WATCHES

(made in China,Seagull automatic movement, calibre unknown)

BOBOBIRD-DSC_0286.thumb.gif.63caa337ec9da363a89d84e8abb275ba.gifBOBO-BIRD---DSC_0290.thumb.gif.3424cd285574044d8a337560b8fc00b6.gif

:biggrin:

• Like 7

Aside from an inbound that I am due to receive later this week...i only have the one quartz in my collection so here it is a24931e0570ff9428d06e8752743c8d2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 12

9 hours ago, Igerswis said:

As per@scottswatches let’s make Wednesdays into #quartzwednesday.

Sorry to be pedantic, but Scott was suggesting we go back to a Quartz Wednesday. How it was previously, which included Electronic and Tuning Fork watches. :)

I will gladly play a Vintage Constellation MegaQuartz circa 1973.

More info here 

20200108_123809.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1706.gif.e99198dbc9400e03ee608358ad79c212.gif I`ve just noticed the quartz theme  :rolleyes:

Oh well, it`s a quick change over to this more suitably powered pair now...

PARNIS Militare Chronographs (Japanese [Miyota] quartz movements) 

Parnis-chronograph-DSC_0031.thumb.gif.07baa69afa1399807884028ee83089bd.gifParnis-Chrono-DSC_0033.thumb.gif.905cfa1a692e7e9f6a9115d6afdd329a.gif

:biggrin:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Davey P said:

Recent incoming Casio Edifice for me today:

20191205_115436

After buying this one I reckon it's time for a shake up in the collection.  I've got far too many watches that are similar to each other, so unless I suddenly decide to start going "double wristed" (and that's not very likely :whistling:) it seems a bit pointless.  Today's Casio is similar to my blue Seiko chrono, but given the choice between them I nearly always go for the Casio.  Same with my TW Steel collection, there are pairs of watches that are the same model but in different colours, so it would make more sense to have only one of each.  Anyone else out there feeling the same?

No

• Like 1
  • Haha 1