• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Vin Dhir

Hand engraved watch - Seiko 5

Hi everyone, this is my personal watch. I have been learning to hand engrave in my free time. It is an intricate art done under a microscope. I'm glad at how this Seiko 5 turned out :). I hope you enjoy the pictures

49351146882_24859f75e9_h.jpgSeiko 5-11 by Vin Dhir, on Flickr

49350483108_7d51e2c210_h.jpgSeiko 5-8 by Vin Dhir, on Flickr

49350484698_27d484c1b8_h.jpgSeiko 5-6 by Vin Dhir, on Flickr

49350482553_c0ec4d4b55_h.jpgSeiko 5-10 by Vin Dhir, on Flickr

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Damn that looks amazing. How did you manage to learn this technique? Have you practiced on others before?

I agree with gimli - Amazing! You are clearly mastering the art of hand engraving. Also impressive is the fact that your Seiko bracelet is stainless steel, which is surely a tricky metal to work with.:)

Thank you all for your kind words. 

Gimli: I have spent a lot of time practicing and planning my engravings. I started by watching youtube videos, especially those by 'Shaun Hughes'. I then focused on drawing and learning the graver technique. Initially I made gifts for my friends and family (such as the one in the video that 'wrench' posted above. I now co-run a facebook group called 'Hand engraving for all' where we help people learn how to engrave and share our work.

Alwayswatching: Yes stainless steel is a tricky metal to engrave. It leads to a lot of broken graver tips and resharpening. This piece took about 24 hours in total.

Wrench: Yes that video is me in my first year of engraving. This is my most recent youtube channel/video =

Caller: Yes I have engraved cases too.