Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
yokel

Online Population

Recommended Posts

Currently, there are 200 people perusing this forum, 75% of whom are non-members.

There are 241 on TZ-UK.

There are 3242 on Uhrforum.de.

Admittedly, Germany has a population about 35% greater than the U.K., and admittedly it’s 20:30 in Germany (compared to 19:30 here), so more people might have had their tea. But the number of people in the world who speak and write English is almost ten times the number proficient in German.

So, are our Teutonic cousins simply more interested in watches? Or, what else is going on?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, yokel said:

So, are our Teutonic cousins simply more interested in watches? Or, what else is going on?

 

Teutonic mindset, education, disciplined & workmanlike?

My gatherings with relatives (here & there), along with meeting employees in watch manufacturers, would indicate all of the above.

:)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, yokel said:

So, are our Teutonic cousins simply more interested in watches? Or, what else is going on?

no but the yanks are 

 

forget the germans its this lot you need. 

...straight from ireland out of liverpool a few year back. Still very important. 

...ps you might even be-able to flog 'em a few CW watches. 

Edited by Nigelp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

 

@Nigelp

Can I assume it was this ^^^^ that amused you ?

Possibly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, yokel said:

Currently, there are 200 people perusing this forum, 75% of whom are non-members.

There are 241 on TZ-UK.

There are 3242 on Uhrforum.de.

Admittedly, Germany has a population about 35% greater than the U.K., and admittedly it’s 20:30 in Germany (compared to 19:30 here), so more people might have had their tea. But the number of people in the world who speak and write English is almost ten times the number proficient in German.

So, are our Teutonic cousins simply more interested in watches? Or, what else is going on?

Do you think some of the increased traffic might be due to the Eurozone and traders ramping up the numbers? Maybe the UK is seen as fringe in terms of trading due to exchange costs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, yokel said:

Or, what else is going on?

They forget to log off.

Plus the "non members" on here are possibly members who don't log on, unless they want to post.

Edited by WRENCH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WRENCH said:

They forget to log off.

Plus the "non members" on here are possibly members who don't log on, unless they want to post.

Indeed,I don’t log on all the time.

10 hours ago, yokel said:

Currently, there are 200 people perusing this forum, 75% of whom are non-members.

There are 241 on TZ-UK.

There are 3242 on Uhrforum.de.

Admittedly, Germany has a population about 35% greater than the U.K., and admittedly it’s 20:30 in Germany (compared to 19:30 here), so more people might have had their tea. But the number of people in the world who speak and write English is almost ten times the number proficient in German.

So, are our Teutonic cousins simply more interested in watches? Or, what else is going on?

Wonder how many members uhrforum would have if they ditched the entrants exam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bonzodog said:

 

Wonder how many members uhrforum would have if they ditched the entrants exam.

They let me in, so they can’t have very high standards :baby:

 

8 hours ago, wrenny1969 said:

Do you think some of the increased traffic might be due to the Eurozone and traders ramping up the numbers? Maybe the UK is seen as fringe in terms of trading due to exchange costs. 

Don’t see many overt traders. And their sales section contains a similar selection to ours.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there are many more watch forum options for English speakers, perhaps we are spread thinner!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...