• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Cassie-O

Thursday, January 9 - WRUW

Morning,

I must ‘fess up to having had a side interest in collecting electric and electronic watches. OK, they’re maybe not everyone’s must-have, but to me they represent a fascinating, if dead-end, horological period spanning from the late 1960s until roughly the late 1970s.

That interest had initially been sparked (see what I did there?) a few years ago when over a few weeks I was able to acquire from the States a bunch of various and mostly unused 1970s electronic watches which had been put together for Sears & Roebuck (originally R.W. Sears Watch Co). These would then be sold as their “house” brands under names such as Tradition, Orvin and Stellaris, with purely mechanical versions also having been available.

Commercial reticence meant that the makers of these transistorised watches were never openly identified but anecdotally are thought most likely to have been Hamilton. Just where this supply of watches, some like this one still with stock tags, had been for the past 40 to 50 years was never clearly explained to me.

They came with different power plants depending on the model using both Swiss and Seiko electronic movements but, for today, I’’ll be going with this particular steel-cased Tradition, the upper tier brand and which runs on the 13j ESA 9154 Dynotron.

Regards.

Tradition cushion 2019 v.2.jpg

Tradition cushion ESA 9154 v.2.jpg

Tradition cushion case back v.2.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

Morning gents. 1976 seiko 6119 6400 sports diver with inner rotating bezel and chocolate dial. Sushi bracelet and UFO saucer case. And me grandads ww2 army pan. 

1578561086392580219055.jpg

15785611242031077394035.jpg

1578561171559829203304.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Cyclops930 said:

There's a lot of parts in that model plane. :tongue:

Yep and all the kids who get one will do what we all did when we were 9, ignore the instructions and stick the bits where they look like they should go. :biggrin:

37 minutes ago, Cyclops930 said:

Good morning all emoji41.png
CW and a nice frock today. emoji39.png

c89dc32640783b465089f5c10e968661.jpg

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Gorgeous darling

:biggrin:

• Haha 2

T

3 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

Yep and all the kids who get one will do what we all did when we were 9, ignore the instructions and stick the bits where they look like they should go. :biggrin:

Gorgeous darling

Thank you sweet cheeks. 

• Haha 2

This today . . .

. . . built exactly like a brick lavatory  --  extremely robust, but little attention to build quality. I have thirteen watches built with more attention to detail.

V7WOt4c.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Cyclops930 said:

There's a lot of parts in that model plane. :tongue:

Glue not included... :laugh:

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, bridgeman said:

New in this week...Felca Skymaster manual wind ,,top condition 

large.7489F645-A9E1-472B-A923-8C2D164946AF.jpeg.a6e7faebd6c3ab960303f29973d6a823.jpeglarge.1AAFFF10-9334-4048-AAA2-79A8FE91D793.jpeg.6577e51cfa4731a8abf09b0dfa2cf223.jpeg

Lovely a shame it's not got a case back. :tongue:

Edited by Cyclops930
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, yokel said:

This today . . .

. . . built exactly like a brick lavatory  --  extremely robust, but little attention to build quality. I have thirteen watches built with more attention to detail.

V7WOt4c.jpg

Nice manly rolex with cyclops