• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
YouCantHaveTooManyWatches

Incoming! History lesson alert

You have no idea how delighted I am by this watch.

To some it might look a bit innocuous or retro or old school or too simple, but I don’t mind saying I absolutely love it.

The Lume is fantastic and it sits beautifully on the wrist, being a perfect 40.5mm in diameter and and not too chunky at just 11mm thick.

The movement is COSC certified and after a recent service it is operating just within the prescribed tolerances. The second hand has a beautiful smooth sweep and I am loving the big date display. The vast majority of the Mille Miglia commemorative watches have a cyclops magnifier window at the 3 o’clock position and I absolutely detest that feature on any make of watch, so this is one of the very few Mille Miglia variants that would fit the bill.  My previous Chopard I bought on a whim and at 38mm and with a cyclops, it didn’t stick around for long, but this one is a keeper.  Yes, you heard me say it.

As you can see, it also comes boxed alongside a proper actual working “analogue” tyre gauge - also emblazoned with the 1000 Miglia logo.

Mille Miglia was a road race of just over 1600km in total distance, round trip from Brescia to Rome, which was started in the 1920’s and ran almost every year until it was cancelled in the 50’s after some tragic fatalities, Famously Stirling Moss won it just a couple of years before it came to an end. Since the 1970’s it has been resurrected as a celebratory event, part road race, part vintage car rally, more like a procession at times for safety reasons, where enthusiasts with cars mostly from 1957 and older, can drive along parts of the original route. A neighbour of mine intends to do at least some of it in his old Triumph TR3 some time.  I’m sure there are a few car nuts out there who know a great deal more than I do about it.

Anyway, here it is and boy am I enjoying it,,,

large.034FCBBD-69B1-47EE-928C-3161B3AE1299.jpeg.f58c30c839a4196fc91d93d726154400.jpeglarge.A6510F91-4215-4320-AB1B-A2A501B2B61A.jpeg.3a3c6ff0948a158639a2466d1498e85e.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, YouCantHaveTooManyWatches said:

You have no idea how delighted I am by this watch.

To some it might look a bit innocuous or retro or old school or too simple, but I don’t mind saying I absolutely love it.

The Lume is fantastic and it sits beautifully on the wrist, being a perfect 40.5mm in diameter and and not too chunky at just 11mm thick.

The movement is COSC certified and after a recent service it is operating just within the prescribed tolerances. The second hand has a beautiful smooth sweep and I am loving the big date display. The vast majority of the Mille Miglia commemorative watches have a cyclops magnifier window at the 3 o’clock position and I absolutely detest that feature on any make of watch, so this is one of the very few Mille Miglia variants that would fit the bill.  My previous Chopard I bought on a whim and at 38mm and with a cyclops, it didn’t stick around for long, but this one is a keeper.  Yes, you heard me say it.

As you can see, it also comes boxed alongside a proper actual working “analogue” tyre gauge - also emblazoned with the 1000 Miglia logo.

Mille Miglia was a road race of just over 1600km in total distance, round trip from Brescia to Rome, which was started in the 1920’s and ran almost every year until it was cancelled in the 50’s after some tragic fatalities, Famously Stirling Moss won it just a couple of years before it came to an end. Since the 1970’s it has been resurrected as a celebratory event, part road race, part vintage car rally, more like a procession at times for safety reasons, where enthusiasts with cars mostly from 1957 and older, can drive along parts of the original route. A neighbour of mine intends to do at least some of it in his old Triumph TR3 some time.  I’m sure there are a few car nuts out there who know a great deal more than I do about it.

Anyway, here it is and boy am I enjoying it,,,

large.034FCBBD-69B1-47EE-928C-3161B3AE1299.jpeg.f58c30c839a4196fc91d93d726154400.jpeglarge.A6510F91-4215-4320-AB1B-A2A501B2B61A.jpeg.3a3c6ff0948a158639a2466d1498e85e.jpeg

Fan blinking tastic.

The date has a lap-counter feel.

Great piece. 

Excellent choice! I really like a Mille Miglia; they look so cool. Some time ago, I considered getting the classic chronograph with the rubber tyre tread strap.

One of the best looking Mille's in my opinion, good buy! 

That's a really great looking Mille Miglia, I like it a lot and it's good to see another on here (I have the 2015 LE). But this is a new model to me and I'm wondering when it dates from?

hi Brendan , hope your well. very nice , easy to read well when your eye sight is going :yes:, I like a lot of chopards and they do some really good colour combos and the connection to cars, not sure how I fell about the tyre tread straps ( quirky?) but I am more bracelet man anyway.

N joy

deano

9 hours ago, YouCantHaveTooManyWatches said:

Mille Miglia was a road race of just over 1600km in total distance

you need this 

Image result for d type jaguar

...And the Germans think they can build racing cars, and the italians...

12 hours ago, scottswatches said:

Nice.  and on your 1,000th post too

Well spotted, Scott!

I should organise a raffle to mark the occasion.. . .

9 hours ago, Shoughie0 said:

Excellent choice! I really like a Mille Miglia; they look so cool. Some time ago, I considered getting the classic chronograph with the rubber tyre tread strap.

Yeah, this one has the strap with the retro tyre tread design too - and it is vanilla scented!!!

5 hours ago, deano1956 said:

hi Brendan , hope your well. very nice , easy to read well when your eye sight is going :yes:, I like a lot of chopards and they do some really good colour combos and the connection to cars, not sure how I fell about the tyre tread straps ( quirky?) but I am more bracelet man anyway.

N joy

deano

Hey Dean. Hope you’re keeping better these days, mate. Strap is just about the most comfy rubber ever, if you’ll excuse the expression. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Nigelp said:

you need this 

Image result for d type jaguar

...And the Germans think they can build racing cars, and the italians...

And a proper coat

49371411858_bab1985182_b.jpg

:biggrin: