UK Watch Forum banner

New watch Sunday - made after 1990

2K views 30 replies 23 participants last post by  Mrs Wiggles 
#1 ·
Back to this one for me, having a nice chilled day :)

20191230_135622

See less See more
#27 ·
thats lovely.

Nice day today for car washing, must have had it on too hot a wash :rolleyes:

OB8K5dbl.jpg
they called it the 75 because you felt like 75 in one.Geriatric chariot.

Technically speaking the Rover 75 was a heap of junk, like most Rovers. However, the MG version with the large engine is rapidly increasing in value. Always thought it looked quite nice though. As far as the watch is concerned, I would love a Steinhart, and perhaps one day I may invest
car was mediocre the watch is ok

Enough beating about the bush.
mine was sh1te a 2.0 v6 from 2002 with 29k on the clock and it was crap. utter utter crap slow unreliable, well built and comfy.

but crap. utter crap

#21 ·
Having done the croco, in deference to all the guilloche and gilt hands, I thought it might be an idea to go a bit industrial because it is, after all, quite a chunk of watch, especially with the display back, so I put it on an old car tyre.

Watch Analog watch White Clock Rectangle

Watch Analog watch Light Clock Watch accessory

"No watch is strong unless it has within it's character antitheses strongly marked." to paraphrase Blaise Pascal :whistle:

This complicated one today

bx1GCyf.jpg
I have the white dial version running awful slow - I changed the battery too and the case back was a swine! I'll have to take it apart again ....

The movement is as per a Frederique Constant model, but available on eBay.

And the date pointer hand is just asking to get bent lol.

Attachments

#17 ·
#23 ·
Nice day today for car washing, must have had it on too hot a wash :rolleyes:

OB8K5dbl.jpg
Technically speaking the Rover 75 was a heap of junk, like most Rovers. However, the MG version with the large engine is rapidly increasing in value. Always thought it looked quite nice though. As far as the watch is concerned, I would love a Steinhart, and perhaps one day I may invest

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.