• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Roger the Dodger

Suspense over and a huge thanks to Davey P.

Mate, you are more than welcome, I'm so glad it works perfectly (although as it's a Casio I'm not at all surprised)  :thumbsup: 

It's always great to give something back on here, and you've made a cracking job of bringing it back to life, well done that man :notworthy:

Wear it in health me old mucker  :rltrlt:

• Thanks 2

Nice one, Davey, and thanks for showing us those great pics of what is a rather nice Casio number, Roger. I just wondered, Rog @Roger the Dodger, could you just tell me how you flipped up the end of the clip in order to remove the battery in the watch. I have had problems with trying to prise up the end of the thin metal band that holds in the battery on so many digital watches, I would appreciate a heads-up on the knack of doing this.:)

59 minutes ago, Always"watching" said:

Nice one, Davey, and thanks for showing us those great pics of what is a rather nice Casio number, Roger. I just wondered, Rog @Roger the Dodger, could you just tell me how you flipped up the end of the clip in order to remove the battery in the watch. I have had problems with trying to prise up the end of the thin metal band that holds in the battery on so many digital watches, I would appreciate a heads-up on the knack of doing this.:)

There are all sorts of different battery retainers, Honour, some more fiddly than others. With the simple screwed down ones, I hold the clip down with a piece of pegwood or similar while I undo the screw. This stops the clip springing up when the screw comes loose and firing it across the room. Some don't need the screw removed completely...you just loosen it slightly, then swing the clip to one side. Others don't even have a screw...just a spring clip holding the cell in place. With these, it's just a matter of carefully manoeuvering the cell out with your forceps and sliding a new one in under the clip.

The type that Davey's watch had (and this type seems prevalent with the CR xxxx lithium coin cells) has a metal loop that passes under a retaining nib/hook to hold it in place. To remove, apply a gentle pressure on the top of the cell to take the tension off the loop, and with a small screwdriver (or similar) unhook the loop from under the nib to release. Remove the old cell and replace with a new one, then apply gentle pressure on the clip and cell and the loop should click back under the nib/hook. If it doesn't, you might need to help it back into place with a screwdriver. Hope this helps.

In this pic, you can see the square loop on the right and the brownish coloured nib it hooks under in the recess beneath it.

Related image

This short video also shows how to release one of these cages, though I would still apply a gentle downwards pressure on the cage and cell when hooking and unhooking the loop, as it makes it easier to do.

• Thanks 1

a classic digi rog, enjoy it, might get you back wearing a watch again ;-)

• Haha 1

Nice watch - especially for a freebie - that DaveyP fellow really is a rather cracking chap :clap::thumbs_up::notworthy: 

Edited by pauluspaolo
  • Thanks 1

roger is now going to enter the monk hood and give all his watches to be equally distributed throughout the forum I get his rolex and davey gets this one back. 

image.jpeg.064fc9b74141a43277d135903743ac53.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nigelp said:

roger is now going to enter the monk hood and give all his watches to be equally distributed throughout the forum I get his rolex and davey gets this one back. 

To be honest, I think I'd rather have the Casio back than the Rolex anyway  :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

Just now, Davey P said:

To be honest, I think I'd rather have the Casio back than the Rolex anyway  :laughing2dw:

thing is so would i and i rather drink beer like that monk than sweat my balls off in the algarve 

:laughing2dw:

do you want to join with me and bond 

Image result for trappist monks

@BondandBigM is the tall dodgy looking one on the left with his hands down his skirt 

Not really my cup of tea that Casio, on paper, but I really like it and its come up a treat looking as new.

@Nigelp why are those monks feet so large?

When I was in the bank it was in a change function, I never liked going out to see customers as they complained too much about the changes we were bringing in or if there were teething problems. Ingrates, all of em. Now't more satisfying than closing branches and rolling out digital services to pensioners :whistle::shothead:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wrenny1969 said:

Not really my cup of tea that Casio, on paper, but I really like it and its come up a treat looking as new.

@Nigelp why are those monks feet so large?

When I was in the bank it was in a change function, I never liked going out to see customers as they complained too much about the changes we were bringing in or if there were teething problems. Ingrates, all of em. Now't more satisfying than closing branches and rolling out digital services to pensioners :whistle::shothead:

in that case you can be chief monk 

Image result for trappist monk with beer

you can be chief brewer and @BondandBigM chief tester

• Thanks 1

@wrenny1969 whats ta reckon? 2 grand

22b5a25bab384b44957796f47e92eae7.jpg

oofff that sill looks to have some rot 

4796f05b77584f02939877a5900a64c2.jpg

its a 2.5 avus sport though 

@BlueKnight should i?

Image result for trappist monk with beer

13 minutes ago, wrenny1969 said:

"that's the last of the choirboys through the liquidiser, looks like we're in the clear lads"

done 

@WRENCH are you religious we've got a group going 

24 minutes ago, wrenny1969 said:

why are those monks feet so large?

teething problems 

26 minutes ago, wrenny1969 said:

Now't more satisfying than closing branches and rolling out digital services to pensioners

ive just realised how funny that is thats great fancy a job in commercial litigation taking council bus passes of pensioners? Its pure 1989

Image result for gordon gekko

Edited by Nigelp

51 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

sure

thats @mcb2007 hes in 

@mach 0.0013137 is in the middle with the sunglasses

and thats @WRENCH in the middle with the cross on 

@wrenny1969 is our bank manager 

If it's free beer that's a definite , make me wear that Casio and I'm oot of here I have standards don't you know :king:.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

are you religious we've got a group going 

Due to the fact this is not in the Free Talk forum, I won't answer that.

• Thanks 1