UK Watch Forum banner

CWC G10 selling advice...

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  55JWB 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I started collected G10's when my GMTII started increasing in value, I wanted to feel slightly less conscious when travelling on the underground, reaching up for the grab rail and exposing my watch. Whilst I wanted something 'every day' and less obvious, I still wanted something I enjoyed wearing and that had something about it, history and desirability etc.

Anyway getting to the point, my life long friend wants to offload his GMTII and I am looking at purchasing from him. In order to get this past the Long Haired General, I will need to sell some or all of my CWC collection... I have been a keen collector of the navigator style and managed to locate and purchase the coveted 1980 "Fat Nav" which I am also prepared to let go to a worthy custodian at the right price... I am looking for some selling advice, happy to use this forum, another forum or eBay to sell, obviously very keen to get a guide on prices...

#2 ·
The Military Watch Resourse ( MWR ) would be a good place to start.

I see that you have 2 x Falklands War era ( ARMY ) G10's which could command a little more and also the 6B ( RAF ).

The 0555 ( RM ), I thought that they were only issued for one year and that was 91 and not 94. I could be totally wrong. That is why, imo MWR is a good forum with alot of knowlegable members.

#4 ·
Are you based in London? If further north the watch fair is next weekend in Birmingham and there is a military watch dealer there usually. She would be able to give you trade prices for all of them.

At worse she isn't there and you go to a watch fair, so nothing to loose

Reactions: 55JWB
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.