• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
relaxer7

New Bond Seamaster

I've just seen this one and unless it's totally new it's completely passed me by! I think it looks pretty nice and the domed crystal is a perfect addition in my opinion. I generally dislike the faux aged lume look but this seems to work.

Unfortunately, as is par for the course nowadays with Omega it's well over priced at £6.5K

https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Omega-Seamaster-Diver-300M-007-Edition-+-Pre+Order-Now/p/17332008/

• Like 2

Interesting that it's nearly £2.5k more expensive than this bracelet version, which (to my eyes at least) looks much better in every way:

17331438_1_640.jpg

The aged lume is probably the worst feature on the 007 version, and for £6.5k I'd expect them to at least include a bracelet as well as a NATO.  I'm obviously missing something, and it's a definite :thumbdown: from me.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Interesting that it's nearly £2.5k more expensive than this bracelet version, which (to my eyes at least) looks much better in every way:

17331438_1_640.jpg

The aged lume is probably the worst feature on the 007 version, and for £6.5k I'd expect them to at least include a bracelet as well as a NATO.  I'm obviously missing something, and it's a definite :thumbdown: from me.

Another 007 watch ??

If you're missing something then so am I :thumbsup:although I do like Seamasters

I could have written word for word what @Davey P posted above....

An AD I spoke to at the weekend who has seen a demo/proto example in the flesh said that "its looks like a cheap watch" ....

I quite like it (maybe it's that domed glass) but the blue wavey dial one is the one to have and with the 2.5K leftover you may as well pick up a used moonwatch :yes:

• Like 1

For me the Omega Seamaster has completely lost its way with so many variants on a theme...
Ask the question What is an Omega Seamaster .. you would probably get 50 answers.
Why would you spend £6.5k on this piece when you could get the Seamaster 300 coaxial preowned for half the price.

It may go some way to explain the popularity of the comparable Rolex Submariner although it has several colour/metal variants and a date complication available it has remained relatively unchanged from concept and the benchmark for many other brands to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

£2250 more than the spectre 300m when that was released which included both ss & nato straps.

To me it is Swatch group just plucking numbers out of the skyfall!

Time to live & let die...

They can shove it up there goldeneye

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Imagine having a daily reminder of the pouting Daniel Craig on your wrist? :scared:

No thanks

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Davey P said:

17331438_1_640.jpg

I do like the new version but still prefer the older one.

I love my SMP and generally like my Omegas but cannot see where they’ve got the pricing for this version:nono:. It looks quite bland to me and not even with a bracelet. I’m out:swoon:

It’s £7390 for it on the mesh. More expensive as it’s titanium and a Bond watch. But it is not limited so a bit pricey. I do like it on the mesh.

10 hours ago, WRENCH said:

What makes it worth the price, educate me please. :)

Its not no watch is by a mass producer.

Stupid prices. 

7 hours ago, bowie said:

i like the black and dirty orange dial colour me

Yeh ok:thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Daveyboyz said:

It's too much dough.   I love the Seamaster but at this level it doesn't look like value. 

Silly price for spoilt people

5 hours ago, Craftycockney said:

£2250 more than the spectre 300m when that was released which included both ss & nato straps.

To me it is Swatch group just plucking numbers out of the skyfall!

Time to live & let die...

They can shove it up there goldeneye

Yep fantasy pricing. sheep skin coated salesmen step this way. 

11 hours ago, andyclient said:

Agree with the above. I do like it but not at that money I’m afraid 

Its a 2 grand watch

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Davey P said:

17331438_1_640.jpg

You are missing nothing. That watch would cost you your porsche which is daft.

Just now, Rotundus said:

thank god the next bond is going to be a woman :laugh:

The next bond wears a rolex

• Haha 1