• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Davey P

Ruthie's Nissan Juke

Just thought I'd put up a quick post about Ruthie's new pride and joy after we sold the MR2.   Ladies and Gentlemen, introducing "Daisy" (as in, "Daisy Juke" - Geddit? :laugh:):

20200112_160001

Ruthie has been talking about getting one of these for a while, and now it's here I can definitely see the attraction.  Even the quirky appearance is growing on me :tongue:

It's a low mileage 2014 1.2 turbo, 6 speed, and is absolutely loaded with every conceivable extra you can think of, so it's going to take a while for her to suss out all the gadgets and gizmo's :laugh: 

Condition is nice and clean, with only a few faint surface scratches on the paintwork in a couple of places, but nothing that won't polish out I reckon.  One of the wheels has been curbed, so that will need looking at sometime.  The interior is pretty much as new, and finished in black leather with yellow highlights on the seats and dashboard.

The added toys include electric windows/mirrors (auto folding when parked), climate control, reversing camera, sat nav, bluetooth phone connection, keyless entry, blindspot assist, rain sensing wipers, stop/start engine system, auto dimming rear view mirror... she seems to find something new every day :biggrin:

I've driven it a couple of times, and it's very easy to drive.  Steering is light, gearchange is silky smooth, the engine is nice and quiet, and although it's obviously no match for the Boxster it does accelerate well in all gears.

Despite looking like a pretty big car, we checked today and my Porsche is actually about a foot longer :swoon:

So there you have it, what a great year, with the wedding, my Porsche, and to top it all, Ruthie got her dream car - Get in! :yahoo:

• Like 2

Still amazes me how they get so much power out of these little 1.2T engines. I got my mrs a Note with same engine very nippy indeed.

2 hours ago, Craftycockney said:

Still amazes me how they get so much power out of these little 1.2T engines. I got my mrs a Note with same engine very nippy indeed.

My little Fiat 500 has a 1242cc engine....and that goes like the proverbial es-aitch-one-tee off a shovel....:yes:

11 hours ago, Craftycockney said:

Yep, it's not going to set the tarmac alight, but nippy is a good description :thumbsup:   There are 3 driving modes as well, we've only used Sport so far, but Ruthie is going to try out the Normal and Eco modes over the next few weeks to see how they compare.  I drove a Fiat Panda hire car on a recent work trip, and in Eco mode it sounded (and felt) like one of the spark plugs had been disconnected :laugh:  I'm hoping the Juke will be a bit more refined than that...

22 minutes ago, gimli said:

Both cars look good. The "big one" looks sturdy and versatile. :thumbsup:

Strangely, we compared them side by side the other day, and the Juke is actually about a foot shorter than the Boxster :swoon:

Length isn't the only size that matters. Being a watch forum, you also have to pay attention to the thickness of a pivot, to the number and size of teeth on a wheel and much more. :tongue:

We have a Juke Nismo RS as the better halfs Dad couldnt get into her Z4 (he now lives wit us as he has dementia).

Got the fist road tax bill in which was a 1/3rd of the Z4, when I mentioned this she said that's because it is a 1/3rd of the fun.

She has already started a Vantage fund for when her 86 year old dad can no longer get into the Juke.

I quite like it though.

• Like 1