• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jonesinamillion

How regular are you?

Harmful thread and I don't think I've seen similar....

How often do you take the plunge on a new addition?

Think I had about 4 (half decent) newbies in 2019 but that was quite prolific for me.... Rekon I get myself an new one once every 4-6 months. Only purchase of 2020 this far is quite extravagant for me* so will be a good few months before the next... Cheaper watches can come & go more frequently.

* (3rd Oris that I now own)

IMG_20191231_214911

Be interesting to see @GASHEAD response :laugh:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On average, daily!

Okay, so I have to replace sold watches but the thrill of buying new ones hasn't left me yet.  Buying is still more exciting than selling, which isn't the ideal situation for a business!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bought ten last year,most of those have now gone.I don’t have a problem I can stop whenever I want:scared:

• Haha 1

Ok I'm an addict. I've probably been averaging around 20 per year but now down to only 3 in the last four months. I like to give everything a try, very few brands that I haven't owned, but I tend to get bored easily and almost everything ends up getting sold. The collection is only in the forties.

• Like 3

I've bought two since New Year, Sturmanskie Gagarin and a Smiths 'Everest' PRS-25, neither were really planned but both are watches I looked at for a while, the opportunity just arose, Voucher's from xmas and Timefactor shop opening after a long spell being closed, but that's it for a while, nothing really planned on the horizon, especially in the affordable range.

All my watch boxes are full now, so would need something special to add anymore, although I have the money ready to buy either a Tudor black bay 58, Omega moonwatch (Acrylic glass one) or Baume and Mercier Clifton Baumatic 10467, I like all three very much but can't decide which to pick, and as it'll probably the last big watch purchase I want too make sure I really pick the one I want, don't want to regret the pick later, so not buying at the moment till 100% sure.

1 hour ago, scottswatches said:

On average, daily!

Okay, so I have to replace sold watches but the thrill of buying new ones hasn't left me yet.  Buying is still more exciting than selling, which isn't the ideal situation for a business!

Already hit my buying quota for today (and it is a bit of a grail for me!), and the postman has dropped off another one for me to play with.

This 'job' is ace!

• Like 2

This year ive lost count but if i think of the turn over in my 6 watch watch box its something like 35 watches in and out in 2019 and 5 new ones in in the last month wgich are still with me and im settled with those just need 1 more to fill the box....

Ah always makes me feel better when I see others with WAY more of a problem than me lol

• Like 1

In my mind, hourly.... then reality kicks in.

5 new ones last year, mostly budget (sub £150), but did buy my speedy :)

smiths Everest on the radar, and possibly]y the Orient Outdoor, and the prospex Land.....

Christmas and New Year is always the worst time for me, I’ll just treat myself for Christmas and then the sales kick off. 

The original intention of just one new arrival saw three incoming in the last few weeks.  :huh:

At least twenty out and twenty in. I have now found the optimum amount, which is forty. Anymore and they just don't get worn enough.  Now I have learned to discipline myself and I don't really have a watch I want to sell, things have slowed right down. That said, I do have a knock about watch that could live in the draw, whilst I find a nice vintage model to live in the cabinet. Watch this space

Nothing for ages...the last watch I actually bought was back in May last year, though Davey P sent me one gratis just after Christmas.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Nothing for ages...the last watch I actually bought was back in May last year, though Davey P sent me one gratis just after Christmas.

Yeah, that Davey P is a great bloke, and has always been very popular around here... :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

Well, so far this year I've purchased a Helson, Seiko, Maen, G Shock Mudman, Vostoks & a Glycine. I might receive my Vostok sometime this calendar year!

• Like 1

I seem to be averaging about 2 watches a year, for the past couple of years.

This year I've bought 1 (Spinnaker Hull California) already but that's probably going to be it for the foreseeable future as I'm saving for a good Chronograph - have my eye on either a Ulysee Nardin Diver or a Breitling Chronomat however my desire is a fickle thing and that may change. 

I'm already looking at bronze watches with a bit of lust after seeing some truly wonderful patina / verdigris examples and I reckon the new 'in colour' will be Teal / Turquoise and rather like a Squale with the Teal / white bezel however I'm trying to stay true to course as I really do want an auto chronograph as it's a gaping hole in my collection. 

All that said the last 2 years have been financial anomalies so it'll probably take me another 2 or 3 years to be in a position to buy the above mentioned watches.

On 16/01/2020 at 11:32, Richard734 said:

smiths Everest on the radar, and possibly]y the Orient Outdoor, and the prospex Land.....

Superb watch, a bugger to get hold of but worth it. Mine probably had the most wrist time last year.

68-C48441-045-E-4789-BDC8-298-F666-E465-

Love your new Oris! Would love to see a SOTC at present! I haven’t bought a new watch since February 2019...I’m considering an Oris or Hamilton as my next purchase... but a new car is more likely atm!

Off topic and puerile as hell, so apologies, but the words "lovely Oris" continue to amuse me.

On 16/01/2020 at 08:51, GASHEAD said:

Ok I'm an addict. I've probably been averaging around 20 per year but now down to only 3 in the last four months. I like to give everything a try, very few brands that I haven't owned, but I tend to get bored easily and almost everything ends up getting sold. The collection is only in the forties.

You are the personal sponsor of the sales section mate .... :thumbsup: