• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jet Jetski

WRUW Dress down Friday- Time to break out the ...

Velcro!

IMG_20200117_041945156(1).thumb.jpg.50a78ea3cedec0c7dffd7d6f91c10aab.jpg

31659 : hacking version of the 3133.  Bit of corrosion on the blued hands but c'mon, it's dress down Friday!  So, fast-wrap strap for when I change into my 3rd-best spacesuit later, for a little extra-vehicular activity.

What are you breaking out? (Watch related please, there's an off-topic forum for advice on your friend's rash :laugh:...)

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I dress down every day but.. lately I've been wearing some vintage wrist wear. Trying some new straps for a new lease of life. Today, ERC, German, little else known.  Long live the golden oldies!

chxPy34.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Still the platinum blonde weekdater...ordered her a stelux nos from the 60s last next. Shes so pretty....

The plots battons call them what you will are actually clear as crystal and reflect back silver off the blond dial head on.

1579251548301-989563109.jpg

• Like 13

HAGF watch fans, my Vintage Zenith Defy A3642 circa 1969 this cold, bright frosty morning!

20200117_103111.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, martinzx said:

HAGF watch fans, my Vintage Zenith Defy A3642 circa 1969 this cold, bright frosty morning!

20200117_103111.jpg

Bracelet looks cool too. I managed to get an old stelux off the bay with the curved ends 19mm to fit the case on my 6619 to complete the 60s look. There were only 2 for sale on the bay. Been on display in a jewellers shop for years apparantly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Balaton1109 said:

Morning,

For today it’s this 1960s UNO made by Dimier Frères. Runs on a 17j FHF 73.

Regards.

UNO FHF 73 v.2.jpg

Uno 2 v.2.jpg

ive owned a couple of unos from the 60's really well made and under appreciated with some interesting swiss movements. I can see where IWC got their numerals from for the Portuguese now  

Edited by Nigelp
  • Like 3

So this is my beloved SARB033. I have quite a few watches (I made the rookie mistake of buying loads of cheap watches when I first got into this hobby earlier last year). Some are nicer than others. However, for some reason I am totally drawn to this one. I think it's absolutely beautiful. I wear it much more than the others. I only wear the rest in order to get some wrist time out of them.

This is a new brown strap I bought yday. What do you guys think?

Ultimately I want to buy a Grand Seiko or two, but even then I don't think I want to neglect my SARB033! Maybe I'll just stick with this for the foreseeable future!0a8d20a55bd5216e2eb4e26adabd8c4b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Certainly not a dressy pair for me...

APEKS AP040s-5, 1000m SEIKO-Epson, cal.VX42E 

Apeks-1000m-4.thumb.gif.2b7cf6fe8752fbf453781f9bbdfa56cc.gif

APEKS AP0406, 500m,SEIKO-Epson, cal. VX42E 

Apeks-500m-a.thumb.gif.49811e183b02cf070e2d1e4b51588925.gif

:biggrin:

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, UAP1985 said:

So this is my beloved SARB033. I have quite a few watches (I made the rookie mistake of buying loads of cheap watches when I first got into this hobby earlier last year). Some are nicer than others. However, for some reason I am totally drawn to this one. I think it's absolutely beautiful. I wear it much more than the others. I only wear the rest in order to get some wrist time out of them.

This is a new brown strap I bought yday. What do you guys think?

Ultimately I want to buy a Grand Seiko or two, but even then I don't think I want to neglect my SARB033! Maybe I'll just stick with this for the foreseeable future!0a8d20a55bd5216e2eb4e26adabd8c4b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Its a classic and looks good on the croco. Have a look at some of the 60s and 70s hi beat grand seikos before plumping for a modern. They are really cool.

• Like 1